Deputy is the time keeping leader!
Updated March 03, 2023
Deputy is the time keeping leader!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
Deputy is used by 3 key managers. Allows the managers to create shifts and view employees attendance, punctuality, and run reports to analyze paid time off. Unlike ADP's time keeping module, we do not enter pay rates in Deputy in order for these managers to use the system without having access to certain confidential information.
- Customer agent tries hard to help.
- Report writer offers many options and configuration.
- Export to CSV is easy to use.
- customer service is now available by phone!
- Export to ADP Workforce needs different columns than currently offered. We need earnings code 4 and not 3. Haven't figured out how to change it.
- Some agents are more knowledgeable than others, not sure if it's due to training.
- Report building isn't always self-explanatory.
- Need help with building a report with both hours worked AND paid time off that can be uploaded to ADP
- Time savings in reviewing and approving time sheets.
- Cost savings compared to ADP timekeeping module that requires their "clock" to be used. We love using the iPad!
- Employees don't need a badge to clock in and out.
- hours worked can be reviewed by the employee on the iPad
I can create shifts in Deputy and change on the timesheet before approving, without having to change the shift in scheduling. Often times our managers ask employees to start work earlier than scheduled, and we need the flexibility to approve it on employees' timesheet.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
Deputy serves our purpose because we have less than 30 employees. Not sure how it would work for large companies. I do like the versatility and ease of use by employees on the iPad, which is affordable and easier to maintain than an actual "timeclock" machine. An improvement that's needed is the messaging notification. When I send a message to a particular employee, he/she isn't alerted when logging in. Most employees won't look for the message.
Salesperson is stretched thin. He's given very little time to support a new customer that has less than 50 employees. It took us longer than necessary to implement. Looking back the process could've been faster and simpler.
34 - management, supervisors, admin, welding technicians, machinists, production, operations
- accurate recording of start and end times
- history of absences (when employees take time-off)
- ease of approving clock in and out times
- warning when employees don't follow shift and lunch times
- timekeeping report is exported to pdf and emailed to each employee for approval
- savings with using an iPad vs renting a timeclock
- export to a report that can be uploaded directly to ADP for payroll processing. Right now the report only shows hours worked, not paid time off
Evaluating Deputy and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Ease of use is important because it saves time in reviewing employees' clock in and out, and lunch times.
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
customer agents are very polite and professional, but I can't describe a particular situation when an agent provided us with exceptional support
Like any company, not all agents have the same knowledge or the skill to part with their knowledge. So when I don't get an answer, or not clear about the answer I was given, I try another agent later. I do need more support with report building to export to ADP without manually editing it