Overall Satisfaction with DiscoverOrg
DiscoverOrg is being used by the small but growing sales organization within my company. Additionally, senior management uses DiscoverOrg. The tool allows us to discover relationships and connection points into prospective client organizations. Mainly, our use of DiscoverOrg revolves around identifying prospects and targeting them for subsequent communications and engagements (e.g. email, Twitter, other social media, F2F).
- DiscoverOrg "nests" the hierarchy of our prospective clients, allowing me to view their org structures fairly accurately.
- DiscoverOrg provides an easy-to-use Web interface.
- DiscoverOrg provides excellent customer support though its dedicated CSM model. (Yea! Go Aaron!)
- DiscoverOrg refreshes its data through perpetual data mining.
- DiscoverOrg could try to implement an easier tool for users like myself to provide updates about contacts who have moved on from a prospect company when I encounter them.
- DiscoverOrg could integrate with Zoho Campaign.
- DiscoverOrg could improve its pricing. Hey, cheaper is better, right?
- DiscoverOrg (DO) has allowed us to expand our market outlook by 100%.
- We have not yet converted any DO leads, but it looks imminent.
- DO has allowed us to map clients' areas of responsibility very well.
DiscoverOrg is the most granular product on the market that allows sales professionals to find their ideal prospects, map their organizations, learn their business and then prospect into those targets. It is unsurpassed as compared to other tools that I have used (RainKing, etc.). It could only be improved if it was truly a panoramic product, covering EVERY company in existence.
It is well suited for first-level mapping of a prospect organization. It is also suited for feeding it a list of prospect companies' URLs using the Bulk Upload feature (super easy!) to see if they are available in DiscoverOrg. Other less-appropriate or less-useful features include the switch from the earlier interface to the new interface. That was problematic for some users (not me).