Overall Satisfaction with DiscoverOrg
DiscoverOrg is currently being used by my organization for targeting specific audiences for our paid marketing opportunities that range from webcasts to email distributions. The sales and marketing department both use DiscoverOrg. We use the DisocoverOrg database to target those outside of our own membership database to reach a broader and more specific audience.
- Targets specific audiences very well
- Up to date on current market trends
- Allows you to search both broad and specific audiences.
- Helps to pinpoint sales and marketing opportunities within an organization
- Speed - it can be quite slow at times.
- Improvement on the search capabilities - since there is so much to search (which is a plus) it makes it harder to do this in a timely manner. You have to dedicate a certain amount of time to be able to pull a proper, useful and clean list.
- Make it more user friendly - there are so many different tabs, search buttons, pull down, etc. I think it can be quite confusing to a new user.
- Repeat customers - we are targeting the correct audience for our clients
- New leads for our sales team
- Negative - unsubscribes from our mailing list (only if we aren't targeting correctly)
In my previous position (not at this company) I exclusively used Raiser's Edge (and Raiser's Edge NXT). I still work within the nonprofit world and find both of these tools useful. In my current position however, it makes more sense to use HubSpot CRM and DiscoverOrg rather than Raiser's Edge (RE). Raiser's Edge is more to keep track of donors - I consider it more of a donor database. DiscoverOrg you can easily tailor your marketing needs to a specific group where RE is used to track and store data. We use both HubSpot CRM and DiscoverOrg at my current job - both of which work very well with one another.
DiscoverOrg is very well suited for the job I currently am functioning in. I pull specifically targeted lists from a form that our partners complete. These forms include specific audience metrics that I'm able to pull from DiscoverOrg. In pulling these lists, I am able to target the specific audience that my clients are trying to reach, therefore pleasing both those who receive the information (b/c they are looking for this info) and my clients who are looking to distribute their assets.