Overall Satisfaction with Dropbox
I use it personally, but so do several of my colleagues. We are a software company, so we have lots of technology. I think the biggest problem it solves is that it reduces email. When we share a document in dropbox we can all edit and make sure we are working with the most current version and access it from any device.
- Dropbox is great for sharing and storing large files, such as graphics for design or audio and video files.
- The shared folder feature allows you to create a space where you and a group or individual are able to share files easily and save to the most recent version, something difficult to do when your only option is to email updates back and forth. Dropbox makes collaboration more efficient.
- Dropbox works with most mobile devices and tablets, so you can sync notes, images, audio and video automatically when you have a wireless internet connection.
- With dropbox you can coordinate events, store documents, photos and video with one or many users and all of your content is safely stored in the cloud, so if your hard drive crashes or you accidentally delete an email, you can be sure you have everything you need to carry on business as usual.
- My only complaint is that download times can be slower on devices, but that may not be an issue with dropbox, but rather a slow connection.
- Communication improvement - notifications when files have been updated
- Better organization - Folders keep your files where you can find them
- Time management improvement - you can access when you want to, where you want to
I used Box.net and some of my files were lost. I can't afford to risk that happening, and it has never happened with Dropbox. In addition, I am rewarded for referring friends to use Dropbox with more memory for storage. I appreciate that. I feel I can trust Dropbox to keep my documents secure and that it will work when I need them.
If you need to access files anytime, anywhere on any device and know you are viewing the most up-to-date version of the file, Dropbox is for you. If you are going to a meeting and need someone to make changes on a document back at the office, you can have them do that, and the documents in your shared folder will be updated automatically. There is nothing worse than discovering a typo on your printed documents on the way to a meeting. With Dropbox, you can correct the document and email a correct version or print somewhere else. There are so many reasons why Dropbox makes you more efficient it is impossible to name them all!
I have used it for years and I've never had a single technical issue and my account has never been compromised. It is a trusted resource to me.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Not well integrated
- folders are easy to create and share
- files are easy to upload
- files are easy to find when you need them