Reliable product

On Storage Cloud Nine

Dropbox is used for cloud storage where we primarily use it for access to photos. It's great for storing and sharing photos among our team …

Dropbox Review

The account is used to save files for access any time any where.

Dropbox - A Cloud Storage Platform

File Sharing & Management

Cloud Storage Security & Administration

Cloud Storage Platform

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.

Dropbox Video

Dropbox is one of the of the most popular cloud storage options and is popular with businesses of all sizes across many different industries. We have aggregated some of the 400+ Dropbox reviews on TrustRadius and determined what the software’s most popular features are, and w...

Dropbox Integrations

Dropbox Competitors

Dropbox Technical Details

Alternatives

What is Dropbox?

Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.

What is Dropbox's best feature?

Reviewers rate Performance and Reliability highest, with a score of 8.1.

Who uses Dropbox?

The most common users of Dropbox are from Small Businesses and the Computer Software industry.

November 30, 2021

Reliable product

Dropbox works with each PC and a smartphone. The utility is notably smooth to use. Meeting connections make it smooth to enroll in meetings. Chat, display screen sharing, file sharing, and whiteboarding are most of the functions. I can not consider any apparent hazards to using the tool. The uncertainty [around] information safety claims frustrate me the most.
Muhammad Hossain | TrustRadius Reviewer
In our company, Dropbox is the most widely used method for file sharing and data management. Because of the limitations on file-sharing sizes on Google Suite, Dropbox is a good alternative. It gives us the ability to safely store our documents and quickly and efficiently retrieve them as needed. What I like best about Dropbox are its reliability and simplicity. I haven't missed a day of using my Dropbox account in years. Dropbox makes it simple to share documents with colleagues in real-time. It makes file sharing as simple as moving files from one folder to the next. Dropbox is far more user-friendly than other similar software when it comes to collaboration. We can also share files with just a single click. Drag-and-drop functionality is available for uploading files to cloud storage.
Michael Prewitt | TrustRadius Reviewer
The primary uses of Dropbox in our organization were (1) to have a cloud-based repository of all the files for current projects so they could collaborated on by multiple users, or by single users in multiple locations, (2) to have cloud-based backups of those same projects, and (3) to allow easy sharing of large files with people within and outside our organization.
Benoît Desroches | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox was used to share files between different devices I was using such as my MacBook Pro, my iPad and my iPhone. It was also used to make automatic backups of important files that were not too sensitive to be put on another company environment.
Md Tuhin Sarker | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses Dropbox, an excellent cloud storage system, for file allocation, collaboration, and massive file storage. It allows us to store our documents and to find them when we need them. The nicest thing about Dropbox is its ease of use and user interface, which assigns us to save and access our files from anywhere. It is far easier to collaborate than Adobe, iCloud, or OneDrive, and sharing files is as simple as clicking one button. Drag-and-drop or manual uploading files to cloud storage is possible. The desktop app’s synchronization is near-perfect. To start with this platform, we also get 2GB of free space. It has an easy-to-understand user interface and is simple to work with.
Lisa Saunders | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are rapidly moving to another platform after discovering that Dropbox randomly deleted files. This included photos of my children and personal videos that took me hours to create. I 100% did not delete them. There is no one available to respond to my repeated contacts for help either.
Alan Bloxham | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is a wonderful tool we use for hosting images and pdfs. We also sometimes use it for sharing assets with our clients. We have several clients who primarily use Dropbox for their Asset Management, so we have become very familiar with how it all works.
David S. Levine, CFRE | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox as a temporary solution as we evaluate long-term file storage and sharing options. It is also being used as a secondary long-term file storage system while we are working from home and separated from the main file drive. Using Dropbox allows the team to collaborate on and share files without having to sign into a vpn or connect to a remote server, which can often be time consuming and slow due to internet speeds.
Jeff Huisjen | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is a great cloud storage system that was utilized within my department for sharing files, collaboration, and large file storage. Because many of us have upgraded to MacBooks and to save money have smaller SSDs, as well as with the need for file sharing ramping up, an online storage system like this is very helpful.
Nicola (Nicki) Morris | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used in our organization both for work related document storage and also personal document storage. It allows for the streamlined storage of documents in one place. It ensures that our documents can be stored and accessed securely and also found easily when needed. We are also able to share access with other parties when required.
Daniel Epstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
Firefilm Productions is a media production company, and as such[,] we work with large video files that often time need to be shared with multiple people at various distances. Snail-mailing an external hard drive used to be the only way to get these large files around [...] since they are too large for traditional email attachments. DropBox is used to more efficiently send these large files across the country so that distance plays no part in who we work with, or what job we can work on.
Robert Gephart | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox to coordinate documents between employees. It allows us to make sure that everyone has the latest and greatest version of forms and information.

It also serves as our cloud [backup] in the case of any calamity that would require us to restore our data. Dropbox keeps our [backups] up to date instantaneously.
April 27, 2021

Tim Daciuk | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Dropbox as a repository for large data files. It allows us to manage a single version of the truth with regard to data where many people from around the world may be working with the data. Dropbox allows the organization of data and associated files. It ensures the latest versioning and reduces redundant work. When working with groups around the world a single repository for information is critical. It allows “follow the sun” work where a group in North America can pick up on work done in Europe and pass their work to a group in Asia.
Dropbox has good security that can ensure management of sensitive or corporate data. This ensures a level of comfort with using facility for storage and management of data, analytical programs and results. User management can also ensure a role based access to data and results. This can ensure that the data and results are suitably managed and controlled.
Dropbox is easy to access and to set up. However, some planning is required to ensure a suitable layout and hierarchy. Planning is required for development of a suitable hierarchy and plan for layout of the repository. This is not dissimilar to the development of a database.
Tony Phan | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox is used as a way to share documents, working files between teams regardless of the team physical location. It reduces the need for printing documents, saving energy and effort in sharing and submitting working files for approval. It provides an easy way to track all change history of a file and when you need to view whoever is responsible for the file. Every edit is well-recorded and tracked properly using Dropbox.
Olivia Crellin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Dropbox for data and file sharing when conducting due diligence ahead of prospective mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures. Further, we often use it to share large file batches with outside advisors as needed. Dropbox is a functional solution for us given file-sharing size limitations on the Google Suite platform. Further, Dropbox has significantly increased its search-ability functionality which allows us to search large volumes of files quickly.
Lisa Keyser | TrustRadius Reviewer
Having cloud storage is not just important for sharing files and folders across devices but also for internal and external users without needing to email or send files through another cumbersome, insecure system. Dropbox allows us to organize and share content without fear of losing something or not having access to it from anywhere. We keep everything in Dropbox, from financial records to client account information. When we hire outside contractors, we can choose to share just a single file or folder so they have access to all information from the beginning. It's a great way to get larger files from designers without needing a file transfer service as well.
Gary Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization uses Dropbox to set up shared folders with our clients to enable [...] easy sharing of documents and images without [being] constrained by the file size limits or organizational issues presented by sharing files over email. This allows us to have a common repository of relevant files [...] shared with a team working on a project, [and] an effective archive of elements for later review.
May 13, 2021

Can't go Wrong!

Kelsie Hamilton | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our whole team of 5 uses Dropbox to manage our documents, and keep everything organized. It helps us use a common system, allows us to have a system whereby we all have access to our documents and resources. It addresses the problem of file storage, management, collaboration across the entire team.
Chuck Graudins | TrustRadius Reviewer
We upload photos, audio files, and videos from mobile devices to share among the team. It creates an easy way for everyone to access shared files from anywhere in the world. Also a great backup, second to our local portable hard disk drives. Seamless and easy installation on portable devices and desktop environments.
Ben Lachman | TrustRadius Reviewer
Dropbox allows file syncing with native/uncommon file types across multiple platforms (Mac/Mobile/Web/PC). We use it for shared administrative storage for projects including team information, contracts, requirements, and any additional project files. These files are often in types that aren't supported as well by primarily web services like Google Drive. Dropbox is a native first service and excels in areas where OS integration is strongest.
Stephen Lalla | TrustRadius Reviewer
I'm a small business owner/operator. In the course of my business, I operate on a desktop, laptop, iPad, and iPhone and love that all of my files sync. It is important to me to be able to access all of my files from any location. As a promotional products dealer, I am often dealing with large art files, so being able to have a safe and secure place to store those files is important. Oftentimes if a file it way too large to email, I can generate a Dropbox link to send to one of my suppliers. What is really a neat feature in Dropbox is something that allows me to only sync certain folders of my choosing. My laptop doesn't have a lot of file storage space so while the file icon appears on my computer, the actual contents of the file are in the Dropbox cloud. All I need to do is to click on the file name and it immediately downloads that file. This is great, as it allows me to see folder contents without taking up actual space on my laptop hard drive. I have a completely different configuration on my desktop computer, which has a much larger hard drive. In summary, it works seamlessly and it's incredibly affordable.