Return to navigation
Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.Read more
Read all reviews
Dropbox - the Hollywood Video of cloud storage. I have clients I work with who use Dropbox. On occasion, I am forced to use this outdated …
I was using Dropbox to organize client files for easy access. The company seems to not offer small business plans for single owners like …
My company and department utilized DropBox during training and consulting sessions to as a recording sharing platform for our clients. We …
Dropbox provides the ability to easily store, retrieve, and share information. We use it on a daily basis and are pleased with this SaaS …
Dropbox is used for cloud storage where we primarily use it for access to photos. It's great for storing and sharing photos among our team …
Dropbox works with each PC and a smartphone. The utility is notably smooth to use. Meeting connections make it smooth to enroll in …
In our company, Dropbox is the most widely used method for file sharing and data management. Because of the limitations on file-sharing …
We are rapidly moving to another platform after discovering that Dropbox randomly deleted files. This included photos of my children and …
Dropbox is a wonderful tool we use for hosting images and pdfs. We also sometimes use it for sharing assets with our clients. We have …
The account is used to save files for access any time any where.
Dropbox is used in our organization both for work related document storage and also personal document storage. It allows for the …
The primary uses of Dropbox in our organization were (1) to have a cloud-based repository of all the files for current projects so they …
Dropbox is used as a way to share documents, working files between teams regardless of the team physical location. It reduces the need for …
Dropbox has been very helpful before and during the work-from-home situation with Covid. It has allowed all of our team members to quickly …
We use Dropbox as a temporary solution as we evaluate long-term file storage and sharing options. It is also being used as a secondary …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Reliability (111)7.777%
- Performance (111)7.575%
- File search (110)7.171%
- Access control (109)7.070%
Dropbox has the Flexibility to Serve a Variety of Needs Across Platforms
A User Review: Years Later, Dropbox Still Makes Life Easier
Dropbox Business Review: Allows Design Business To Complete Quick & Simple File Sharing
Return to navigation
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Return to navigation
Dropbox Pros and Cons, What do Reviewers Think?
Return to navigation
Return to navigation
- Tech Details
Dropbox is a service for file syncing and sharing, or for cloud storage.
Dropbox is one of the of the most popular cloud storage options and is popular with businesses of all sizes across many different industries. We have aggregated some of the 400+ Dropbox reviews on TrustRadius and determined what the software’s most popular features are, and w...Show More
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
Return to navigation
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
- Zip - Zero
- Take up space on your HD
- Storage functionality for download an upload
- Speed of download and uploads
- Organize files
- Allow files to be synced across multiple computers
- Customer support
- File Storage
- File Sharing
- Number of clicks
- Cloud storage and retrieval of all file types
- Sharing of files via a URL link
- Ability to store files locally in a Dropbox folder and synchronize with the cloud when connected to the Internet
- The Dropbox Online Cloud user interface has gotten much better over the years although we mostly access our files via our Dropbox file folder on our desktops.
- We continue to store images in Apple Photos (and sync to iCloud) but might switch over to Dropbox someday.
- Dropbox syncs the local Dropbox folder with the cloud every time you reboot your desktop or laptop. If you have lots of files in your local folder (because you are syncing everything), the time it takes to complete this can take minutes and may clog up the memory of your desktop or laptop.
- Safe Cloud Storage
- Ability to Access Cloud on Multiple Devices
- Ability to Store and Share Large Files
- Search functionality could be better
- Sometimes photos don't always sync right away
- Organization could be better
- External share
- Larger file share
- seamless communication
- Team Admin not needing license
- Photos need to sync faster
- share permission need to be more user friendly .
- We are transferring large files and multiple files with various internal and external parties due to the ease of sharing files and folders.
- Smart sync, so you don't have to worry about device space and search large file batches quickly.
- Synchronizing a data file across organizations without the user having to do anything other than work is a significant benefit of cloud computing.
- Allowing only the people who need it to have access is a huge perk and works well with other enterprise software.
- Enhanced security features and installation could be more user-friendly; installing on a desktop could be confusing.
- More file storage for free users would be great, as would better separation of personal and work files.
- Customer service could be better, and uploading time could be faster, making it more efficient.
- Nothing comes to mind at this moment because of what they have done.
- Stop randomly deleting files or at the very least make someone available who can fix your errors.
- Image and PDF hosting
- Asset Management
- Internal assistance tools
- If you don't know where to go, it's hard to get a image/pdf URL that you can use for hosting
- Sharing management doesn't seem to be as intuitive
- No Timely Customer Service Feedback
- [I feel there is] No proper investigation if an account is closed
- Customer Service [seems] like a BOT. Even though a response is received no real solution is reached.
- Shared Access
- Documents security
- Fast uploading of files
- Installation could be more user friendly sometimes one might get a bit lost when installing on desktop.
- Increase file storage space for free users would be great if more storage was offered for free users.
- The uploading time could be faster which will speed up the time when uploading files making it time efficient
- It is a fast and reliable cloud file sharing system.
- It integrates well with macOS, making it easy to share files, control whether files are in the cloud or local, see the current sync status for each file, and more, right from the Finder. It also supports macOS file meta (keywords, color tags, etc.).
- It's web-based file previews work very well and support a wide selection of file types.
- It has useful and intuitive annotation / commenting features for files.
- For large teams or large file sizes, it can become expensive.
- Annotation features may be too basic for some types of jobs.
- Create link to share file instantly
- Grant access and permission to team member / clients to view/edit the file
- Ability to track change history of the file
- Syncing sometimes is slow if the file is large
- Integrate with different messaging app would be nice (Team Chat, Skype)
- Sometimes if multiple accessing / editing the same Microsoft Office file, it got stuck
- I love that I'm able to organize items by folder. It keeps things easy to access.
- Private access to only specific users is a huge plus
- I like that I can send an invite to the appropriate team members as opposed to having to send them all the specific link to a file or folder
- I find that dropbox is a bit slow at times, even when my internet is clocking high speeds just fine
- There are often errors when uploading. Attempting a second time usually alleviates the issue
- I sometimes have issues signing in with my google account. It's not a huge deal, I just log in manually but would be nice to log in with one click
- File storage - space considerations aside, it's easy to use and intuitive for this purpose
- Collaboration - after adding this functionality a few years ago, Dropbox can now rival Microsoft Sharepoint or Google Docs for realtime collaboration between team members on documents and related files.
- Ease of use - Dropbox is intuitive and mirrors other file storage systems in terms of folders, sub-folders, and navigation, meaning it is easy to find, store, and share whatever you need.
- Multiple accounts: many of us have a personal account and a professional account. It could be easier to switch between them either in the Dropbox OS app or within the browser.
- Security and permissions: I've found it difficult to manage permissions around hidden folders and security hierarchies. It's easy to share something to someone with the same permissions, but I've experienced instances where two people (myself included) have different names for the same folder but can't access each other's files, without explanation for why the permissions are different.
- Files accessible anywhere, you do not have to carry a backup of your files with you
- Easy to share files to anyone
- Easy to work from any PC, log on dropbox and access all your working files
- Sometimes sharing a large number of files gives an error. It would be nice to have this function optimized.
- Sharing large files and multiple files with various internal and external parties
- Searching large file batches quickly
- Allowing external and internal parties to contribute to a data file across organizations
- Integrates well with other enterprise softwares (Word, Adobe, etc.)
- File text search functionality needs continued improvement
- Dropbox file security and fraud prevention needs improvement
- Dropbox should continue to integrate with email and enterprise software interfaces for ease of use
- Sync files
- Quick sharing
- SIZE (of program on our servers, of data limit one can upload/download, etc.)
- Too frequent updates. Several employees just got used to the user interface, then had to upgrade to different version/UI
- At times complicated UI
- Cloud based storage with easy access
- Simple and easy to share files with other people
- Easy to customize what files are stored locally or just online
- Dropbox offers file sharing but lacks in true collaboration in some ways
- From an organizational standpoint, Dropbox is a bit expensive
- Because of the customization available, you need to know the program and the web client interface
- Ease of sharing files and folder both internally and externally
- Rollback of several versions in case a file is modified by accident or overwritten
- Trash management for files or folders that are accidentally deleted so they can be recovered painlessly
- Smart sync so you don't need to worry about how much space is taken up on your device
- Background syncing that happens without needing to do anything other than work
- Though this hasn't been our experience, some contractors have had issues with files not syncing properly
- Initial installation could be a bit more user friendly
- Not a fan of the newest change that involves opening the Dropbox app instead of the folder by default
- Cloud Storage
- Ease of use
- Integration with more applications
- Easier collaboration mechanics
- User friendliness
- Ease of setup
- Enhanced security features
- Customer service is not very good and difficult to get hold of
- The help features and FAQ are frustrating to use because they send you round in circles.
- Updating [files].
- Upload by many users.
- Review and approval.
- Downloading is not very easy.
- [If] many people work at same time, then it fails.
- Sometimes it takes a long time to load.
- Ease of use for large deliverables or batches of creative assets.
- Syncing from the desktop app or plugin isn't seamless.
- Shared access
- Document security
- Volume and size of documents that can be stored
- File organization is good
- Better integration with Microsoft products - although it is OK.