Remote Restores FTW!
July 24, 2020
Remote Restores FTW!
Network System Administrator
GoGuardianComputer Software, 201-500 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Druva inSync
We currently use inSync to backup all user devices in our organization. With the entire organization still on a work from home order due to COVID-19, inSync has been a key asset in protecting user data. When a user experiences a hardware failure, replacing the laptop is a breeze. Simply send the replacement laptop, have the user sign into the inSync client, remotely kick-off a restore using the admin console, and watch their data appear - like magic! This has saved our team countless times already.
- Simple LDAP configuration for importing users and using a seamless SSO process.
- Remote restores via the admin console are a life saver!
- Activity monitor gives you a holistic view into the backups and restores in progress.
- Better tracking in the activity monitor.
- A little less expensive to add the backup of cloud services.
- Restore as another user when logged-in as an admin (not just download their content).
- User-Data protection while all users are remote is priceless.
- Backup of software databases.
- Synchronization across multiple laptops
We only trialed the backup of GSuite apps. However, we found the price of keeping the extra set of an already cloud-based platform wasn't worth the investment at the team. We will re-evaluate this in the coming year.
inSync has allowed us to 'preserve' a user's data who is currently going through a legal process. Having this data intact is helpful to the organization.
Do you think Druva Data Resiliency Cloud delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Druva Data Resiliency Cloud's feature set?
Did Druva Data Resiliency Cloud live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Druva Data Resiliency Cloud go as expected?
Would you buy Druva Data Resiliency Cloud again?
As mentioned, replacing hardware for a remote user is a much simpler process now due to remote restores via the admin console. You can also use Druva inSync to backup your Google Drive data, which can be a little expensive, but it's nice to have the extra set of data, especially for compliance reasons.