Great tool for AB testing and personalisationhttps://www.trustradius.com/ecommerce-personalizationDynamic YieldUnspecified8.1491012018-12-03T16:27:59.393Z
December 03, 2018
Great tool for AB testing and personalisation
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield is being used by the Personalization and A/B testing teams under the e-Commerce department at Sephora. It enables us to personalize the user's journey on our web and app platforms, as well as email. Additionally, we use it to run front-end tests to optimise our UI and marketing campaigns.
- Personalisation - The tool is heightened with user personalisation opportunities that Dynamic Yield is able to identify with their algorithm. It's a very smart tool and the product recommendation strategies have proved to be a success, generating uplift in revenue and other e-commerce core metrics. Additionally, the recommendation algorithm continues to get stronger over time, which is really a testament to the technology that makes Dynamic Yield so successful.
- A/B Testing - The number of variations and ability to control the traffic split is a very basic capability but the ease of using it on Dynamic Yield really takes this tool to the next level. Reiterating and pausing losing variations make it a very user-friendly and scalable tool.
- Support - The Customer Success Managers play a really large role as they help us with strategic and technical questions and enable us to help move our capabilities with Dynamic Yield forward. Additionally, we have a very good relationship with members from the 24/7 Support team as really take care of us when we go to them with any problems/issues we'd like to solve.
- App SDK is still new - the SDK is still new in a sense that the capabilities and support documents provided are not as thorough as they are for Web (Desktop and Mobile Web). Newer features are typically rolled out to web sections before they are rolled out to Mobile App.
- Audience prediction - We are looking at other tools to get audience predictions as we'd like to further optimise our campaigns by reaching the relevant audience and targetting the ones that have a higher propensity to convert. Dynamic Yield is currently missing this functionality.
- Reporting - The reporting dashboard is not sufficient to take a look at the data and results. It's very manual and tedious to pull the reports and manage our own insights. Additionally, we manage multiple sections which run the same experiences and consolidating the data outside of the Dynamic Yield platform means that our analytics and reporting is done offline.
- Improved customer experience - We are able to show relevant content and offers to the right customer based on Dynamic Yield's targeting capabilities.
- Scalability - Scaling with Dynamic Yield is easy once the experience is implemented. We are able to create many variations on top of our experiences based and iterate on our tests quicker than before.
- Personalisation is becoming a key strategic focus - Dynamic Yield has proved to be a strategic partner when it comes to bringing our business forward with personalisation. Not only are we able to disseminate the benefits we've gained to our company, but also the industry.
It is well suited for A/B testing and personalisation. The product recommendation algorithms are varied and intelligent. They grow smarter over time which optimises the conversion opportunities we have with our customers. Great to use for splitting traffic and serving different variations. Additionally, the multi-campaign touch tool is a great way to build out the customer journey and test multiple experiences.