Reviews (1-21 of 21)
- Great ability to customize
- Powerful across all channels
- User friendly and modern
- Braze could offer more tier based cost effective solutions for users who only integrate minimally.
- I think the the ability to understand how users patterns can be utilized is powerful but could be made more robust yet usable.
- Reporting without exporting to a CSV perhaps a more cloud-based reporting option.
It is being used by the marketing department. It allows us to target retention, education, up-sell opportunities, and compliance communications.
- Personalized customer journey
- Consolidation of marketing tools to bring multi channel communications under one roof and allowing each of them to talk to each other.
- The Braze community. This not only helps with idea generation, but makes a great place to network and grow your team.
- The Customer Success team is world class. They reply to anything and everything we send them promptly and with actual answers.
- Mobile experience for the Braze dashboard
- Simplification of liquid logic for non-technical users
- Improvement to reporting metrics with detailed graphs. Creating something in the dashboard would save us the resources spent on hiring analytics managers and piping the data to Tableau.
- Seamless integration with other growth tools (Segment and Amplitude)
- Intuitive, easy to use UI
- Strong support team with quick and helpful follow-up
- Search function can be very particular
- Needs more advanced audience segmentation capabilities (namely the ability to target audiences with multiple event properties tied back to events)
Braze is being used as the primary platform that we use to communicate with our different audiences. It's being used to fulfill communication needs for all departments in the company but managed by the CRM team.
Braze is an extremely robust tool with a short learning curve. Building out new lifecycle strategies and campaigns was extremely simple. While there are a lot of functionalities, no CRM/ESP service will ever have every feature that all of their competitors have. Braze does a great job with listening to their customers and adding new features onto the roadmap.
- Building out new lifecycle strategies and campaigns was extremely simple.
- Braze does a great job with listening to their customers and adding new features onto the roadmap.
- Moving data into and out of Braze has been a challenge.
- Braze's reporting function is still a work in progress.
- The Braze services and support team has been a true partner for our business. They have been proactive in helping us to solve our business problems.
- The Braze platform provides easy to use tools for building audiences and messaging that allow a small team to be highly effective.
- The Braze approach to dynamic content has worked very well for our needs. It has provided use with an intuitive and performant approach to email personalization even as well scaled up to millions of personalized messages per day.
- Moving data into and out of the platform can be a challenge, given our scale. The Braze Currents offering has helped, at least in terms of getting engagement data back out of Braze and into our data warehouse.
- Very, very easy to use. There's never been anything I haven't been able to figure out, whether it be through experimenting in the platform or through their learning resources.
- The customer support is truly amazing. They're attentive and respond to everything we throw at them in a timely and friendly manner.
- We had some tricky moments with implementation, however, the team at Braze was super helpful to get us through.
- Diverse options to send out messaging including full-screen interstitials, sliders, modals, and news feed cards.
- Segmenting users is easy to do.
- Excellent customer success team and fast and helpful support.
- Unable to edit conversion event once the campaign is launched.
- Braze support team continues to demonstrate strong expertise and prompt follow-ups on our technical inquiries and debugging assistance as incidents arise.
- Braze offers a great variation of integrations with tools such as Segment and Amplitude to digest all the data companies are currently tracking on digital clients and analyze those data points in a common environment alongside all Braze interaction events.
- Braze offers great flexibility in targeting and delivery criteria for campaigns, as well as sets a good standard in thinking about conversion events / success factors for campaigns.
- The target users tab in Braze does not provide optimal granularity in identifying targeted audiences. The way our company tracks data on users requires us to target audiences with multiple event properties tied back to events.
- The canvas in-app feature Braze offers does not allow for delivery in specific apps. For a company such as IBM that offers a variety of products and services implemented with Braze, this feature does not serve value and cannot be used.
- Braze offers A/B testing with multiple variables but they don't expose the variant IDs in the UI of the braze campaign analytics dashboard. This prevents us from easily analyzing the variants of campaign in Amplitude.
- Great for nudging users to gain a more valuable experience in the UI of the product with in-app messages.
- Great for preventing churn with emails.
- Great for experimenting and A/B testing content in nurture campaigns.
- Great for targeting users effectively based on Segment instrumented data.
- Great for analyzing data in Amplitude post campaign launch to see interaction data alongside segment data.
- Canvas allows us to plan, visualize and orchestrate the customer experience from beginning to end.
- Data ingestion allows us to personalize communications and interactions.
- Services open to support custom integrations.
- While Braze can optimize the message medium based on performance, we don't use a lot of the existing capabilities and channels, and need additional tech build outs and workarounds for unique B2B use cases. I wish we could use some of the underutilized features, when they fit our enterprise needs.
- Braze is good at managing multiple campaigns simultaneously. It is easy to draft, start, stop, modify, restart, and archive campaigns — the interface is attractive, and the campaign creation/management process is pretty intuitive.
- Targeting options are very sophisticated. Braze uses both event and analytics data from our offerings to let us choose the exact cohort we want to hit. Delivery triggers are similar, but depending on the instrumentation of the offering our delivery timing may not be optimal (we rarely get this right on the first pass.)
- One limitation is that once campaigns are launched, Braze does not allow changing conversion events. They do this to maintain data integrity, but in many of our use cases, this does not make sense. However, it is still fairly simple to copy the campaign and then change the conversion event and relaunch. This does mean that we have to sum data to fully see results.
- Has a powerful and native integration with the segment.
- Seamlessly identify events and milestones to interact with clients through email or in-app messages.
- Not that I dislike but I see as an opportunity. More flexibility to scale to big organizations (e.g. product codes and families).
- Braze is integrated with segment and is also integrated with amplitude so that you can track user data across multiple platforms.
- The more granular your product instrumentations are done, the more effective your Braze campaigns can be in terms of targeting a specific user group in specific areas within the user experience.
- Braze works well with large companies by providing support and dedicated teams in terms of debugging issues or helping with implementation.
- If you do not have a solid understanding of your product instrumentation and Braze, it will be difficult to be effective with it initially.
- You need to spend some time learning about the platform as some aspects are not self-explanatory so you need to rely on other documentation or guidelines they have (i.e. how to find your instrumentations - need to find it by adding quotations marks, etc).
- Usability - If you are experienced with ESPs, Braze is simple and straightforward to learn after an initial exploration into the tool.
- Tooling, Products, and Features - Braze is a robust tool that enables my team to build complex lifecycle marketing programs without needing support from product/engineering. We can easily target users with email, push notifications, in-app messages, webhooks, SMS, and more all in one place.
- If there is ever a product that is missing/could be improved, the Braze team will listen to our needs and incorporate suggestions into their product roadmap.
- Customer Service - The Customer Success team is so responsive and helpful - some of the best I've ever worked with. They will provide suggestions, feedback, workarounds (if needed), and recommendations to improve your efficiency and strategy. I'd highly recommend a CSM as well.
- Better reporting and analytics built within Braze. We do a lot of exporting of data to outside tools for analysis.
- UI improvements such as foldering/organizational structure instead of just a tagging system.
- Load times for canvases that are very complex (though I've been told this improvement is coming soon).
- Segmentation - easy to segment users based on actions taken in product and user attributes.
- Campaign setup - easy to use segments to build automated campaigns.
- Support and resources - Braze onboarding team and available resources on implementation, use, and best practices are very thorough.
- Data architecture flexibility - some limitations on how certain data points are stored. Important to understand how Braze's data is structured before implementing it.
- Customer service and reliable reps.
- Good documentation for you to self learn the tool. Braze is complicated, but they have resources (in addition to human customer service) designed to help you learn.
- Integrations - We integrate Braze with Simon Data, which is a huge help.
- The UI can be difficult to figure out. It's hard to sort current campaigns from past ones. You can't delete campaigns.
We are seeing (1) increased business results and (2) improvement in our offering/marketing team skills at designing more effective nurture. Braze requires them to know what their use case is and the data needed to support it before crafting, so they are getting more data-driven and focused in their nurture planning.
- Braze takes advantage of data to drive behaviorally-based nurture. It is more effective than other nurture tactics in driving results, based on windows of time from a purchase or trial registration, because of the context behavioral nurture provides. Therefore, if your organization has strong instrumentation to support your nurture use cases, Braze will prove to be a powerful tool to increase business results.
- I find their support helpful, responsive, and open to discussions when their experience may not map to the needs of an enterprise the size of ours.
- Some of the features and limitations are due to, probably, a lack of experience working with large enterprises.
- Our company has hundreds of offerings, each wanting to nurture their users, and so the data involved is large, making search functions difficult unless you have a very specific character string for things like events.
- Our data can require more than one event property to best describe the behavior, and the current limitation is for 1 property.
- That being said, Braze is very open to discussing our needs and talking to their developers about the opportunity and impact of our needs on the product.
- Push notifications - allows for flexibility in message and content.
- Custom event reporting - set events in the app code that triggers when certain criteria is met.
- Segmentation - using user behavior to better target messaging based on what they engage with in-app.
- Optimization - provide suggestions for messaging based on experience of past campaigns.
- Allow for greater flexibility in segmentation dimensions.
- Reduce latency in reporting - real time or concurrent user data would be useful.
Braze (formerly Appboy) Scorecard Summary
About Braze (formerly Appboy)
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a lifecycle engagement platform that empowers brands to humanize their connections with customers through technology, resulting in better experiences and increased retention, lifetime value, and ROI.
Braze is built for today’s mobile-first reality and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Enterprise and born-digital brands rely on Braze to deliver personalized messaging experiences that span across channels, platforms, and devices. The product aims to enable the automation of sophisticated marketing and growth strategies easily, and instantly, on a global scale.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with nearly 2 billion active users are managed through Braze. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees.
Braze (formerly Appboy) Integrations
Braze (formerly Appboy) Competitors
Braze (formerly Appboy) Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Braze (formerly Appboy) Technical Details