Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Dynamic Yield, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
- Tech Details
Marketers, product managers, and engineers use Dynamic Yield for:
- Launching new personalization campaigns
- Running server-side and client-side A/B tests
- Leveraging machine-learning for product and content recommendations, and
- Employing algorithms for smartly triggered email and push notifications.
Headquartered in New York, the company serves more than 350 brands across the world.
- Supported: Customer Segmentation
- Supported: Personalization and Targeting
- Supported: Deep Learning-Based Recommendations
- Supported: Triggering Engine
- Supported: Behavioral Messaging
- Supported: A/B Testing and Optimization
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Marketo Engage
- Google Tag Manager
- Shopify Plus
- Google Ads
- Yesmail Marketing Intelligence
- Tealium AudienceStream now Customer Data Hub
- Twilio SendGrid Email API, part of Twilio SendGrid
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Studio
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Amperity AmpIQ
- Adobe Analytics
- Meta for Business
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Our account manager does a great job of keeping us organized and goal oriented.
- We value the reports available to us on DY and find them to be useful when refining campaigns and variations.
- I love how DY offers great out of the box ideas.
- I wish I had more one on one training with our former account manager when first using the platform when I joined the company. I've never used this tool and it took a couple months to understand.
- Product Recommendations
- Onsite campaign targeting
- AB tests
- Reporting, especially in case of multi-country websites
- Product recommendations
- Audiences and targetting
- A/B testing
- Even more powerful built-in reporting
- Deep Learning Strategy helps us recommend products tailored to the customer's needs and motivations
- The Online Support and account manager Klaudia are extremely helpful in providing us with support when we get stuck implementing experiences and Klaudia always brings new ideas to the table
- the templates provided by Dynamic Yield are easy to use, for example, social proof ones and that gives an easy alternative to testing something super fast
- bought together strategy works poorly, I usually end up getting one of the fallback strategies
- I can't move between variations when previewing on my iphone
- multitouch doesn't allow for different targeting options
- Frequent, high quality contact time with the DY team
- Simple, intuitive UX on the platform
- A problem-solving attitude in where no ideas are bad ideas
- The ability to label multiple campaigns at a time on the Campaign dashboard by multi-selecting them - would be really useful for me!
- lots and lots of saving is needed on every campaign
- I'd like to see cookie targeting for API campaigns
- ab testing
- customer support
- front end
- ) Provides potential targeting opportunities based on machine learning
- ) As part of an A/B test, it provides information about statistical significance
- ) Many things are explained on the platform, so it is easy to understand all settings
- ) Very good availability of DY employees for questions
- ) Quick Win Mailings would be helpful to exploit the potential of the tool even more in the Daily Work.
- ) That multiple users can work within a campaign without overwriting each other.
- ) More concrete reporting at the variation level, especially for recommendation campaigns.
- ) Saving an additional stylesheet that can be used when a new default template is used, e.g. font, font style, etc.
- Online Training
- The platform itself is very intuitive and easy to use
- Algorithmic performance
- Audiences - lots of flexibility and control
- Dynamic Yield is excellent for powering recommendations, personalized experiences, testing, and optimizing those experiences across channels including the app and web. Though Dynamic Yield has CDP-like capabilities, it’s not a pure CDP, so I’d recommend using another platform for that. That being said, Dynamic Yield does allow you to onboard data from pretty much any third-party source, as well as push audiences to third-party ESPs and media platforms.
- Product recommendations are easy to set up, and powerfully personalizable through either hands on refining or automated A/B testing
- Customer insights are easy to set up and can be applied retroactively to data
- A/B testing anything from different graphics to copy to page layouts is easy to set up and implement site wide
- Greater flexibility for the out of the box templates - things such as typeface are not consistent and can require developer time to ensure a seamless site experience
- Exporting datasets don't necessarily reflect the way Dyanmic Yield is implemented on site, occasionally requiring that you go through experience by experience to extract the data you want
- I would like to see a more customizable homepage dashboard with the ability to modify the content of widgets, showing trends across multiple experiences rather than just being able to update the timeframe for a widget between Yesterday, Past 7 Days, or Past 30 Days before having to deep dive into a full report
- Dynamic Yield out of the box tools are easy to use!
- Dynamic Yield provides great use cases and strategies through a customer success manager.
- Dynamic Yield is easily customizable to replicate your site theme.
- Dynamic Yield SPL seems a little buggy as my business is on a headless environment.
- Customer success -- our customer success lead helps us learn the tool and make the most of what's available.
- Easy to use navigation -- there's a lot available in the program, but it's not too overwhelming to navigate and digest.
- Detailed reporting -- each test can be analyzed from many different viewpoints. Our rep also helps provide us with additional information and insight on how our campaigns are performing.
- I do think it's not quite self-serving. It's easy to navigate and manage once you get a hang of it, but it does take, in my experience, a bit of training to get started with the program. The Success reps help with that, which is great.
- A/B testing so we can constantly continue to improve on the recommendations we show.
- Good tracking analytics for review.
- Easy to change and setup new recommendation testing.
- Initial implementation is a bit cumbersome.
- Setting up recommendations in new spots throughout the site does require some web dev experience.
- Educate--they got me up to speed so quickly on the platform.
- Communicate--our account rep is a great communicator! She is on top of deliverables and keeps us moving forward.
- Mock ups--when we come up with an idea, our rep is able to provide us with a great mock up of the experience so we can truly understand the idea.
- Dynamic Yield could be better with headless environments.
- Dynamic Yield could be better with working with 3rd party developers.
- Dynamic Yield could have more campaigns set up as drafts for their clients to edit and push live.
- Helps target selected audiences with ease.
- The experiences it offers out-of-the-box are amazing and easy to use.
- The biggest strength for Dynamic Yield is the abundance of educational resources and their world class customer support!
- Dynamic Yield can improve in providing more amazing out-of-the-box experiences.
- Some experiences need development work, easy custom experiences would be a better improvement.
- The dashboard could be a little easier to navigate, but not much to improve.
I can only think of one instance where Dynamic Yield is less appropriate, that is when we have no promotions or sales going on.
- Provide fantastic support, both in relation to strategy/best practice and troubleshooting.
- An easy to use interface, as a user who is relatively new to Dynamic Yield I find that it is an intuitive platform to use.
- The ability to segment and drill down on data allows for really specific insights which, whilst not necessarily being leveraged on a testing basis, can be super valuable from a greater marketing perspective.
- We are based in Australia and while your support staff are amazing, we find that we struggle to have quick resolutions to our issues and training calls are outside of business hours as our DY support team are all based in the Northern Hemisphere - local support would be amazing!
- We are currently working with a client who has two international sites and hard redirects based on geographic location - it is causing issues with regard to source attribution and location of users (users who have been hard redirected are still showing as having been users and huge percentages of traffic are incorrectly being attributed to referral/direct) it would be great if some troubleshooting could address these types of issues.
Currently we are also A/B testing an overlay for our newsletter registrations to see which layout works better.
- Great usability in general.
- Reports are super easy to find and understand.
- Perfect support if you need any help.
- We are often setting up test campaigns on our staging system to see how they work. It would be great if you could copy test campaigns with one click on the live system.
DY has a very great usability and it is very easy to set up different campaigns. What I like most is that campaigns are live in a few seconds and you can start measuring immediately.
We love the possibility to customize our Webshop for our costumers and are looking forward to go on with it in the future!
- Create different campaigns on the website
- Target specific segments of customers
- Excellent customer service
- Provide new ideas to improve shopping experience
- Create videos to support ideas for the new users
- Extend content with dynamic templates.
- Analytics of various KPIs.
- Data exports of raw data.
- More flexible upload of data like .csv files.
- Product recommendation
- Affinity profile targeting
- Omnichanel experience
- Front and server side API
- Analytics capabilities
- Targeting IPs
CSM is also well experienced and is always suggesting best practices or relevant use-cases. Training with the DY team is also very interesting but it takes time to handle the whole solution as it's more complete and complex than a classic A/B testing tool.
- Out of the box templates
- AB testing
- Recommendation engine
- Learning path
- Dynamic yield offers a lot but there's not enough Implementation documentation
- Captures specified audiences
- Powerful recommendation engine
- Quickly fire targeted content based on set conditions
- Further training opportunties
- Clearer explanation of test results
- More info regarding new features
- A/B testing.
- Site personalisation.
- Audience segmentation.
- Quick, visual edits like changing images don't work very well and sometimes need coding - which defeats the purpose.
- Ease of selecting div's is clunky.
- Easier capability of amending out-the-box widgets.
- Creating experiences across mobile & desktop simultaneously would be good.
The tool allows us to quickly and easily make changes to the UX and saves the Club money in otherwise development costs.
Our biggest driver of revenue has been our focused recommendations to drive sales of personalised kits as well as basket add-on items.
Being able to create and share audiences between our sites has also proven invaluable in ensuring we capture key customer audiences.
- A/B Testing - allows us to test anything and everything all over the sites.
- Personalisation - hosting campaigns by region and using local languages to promote.
- Triggered emails - Abandoned basket is always a sales driving mechanic that once set up can be left to pick up any potential abandoned users.
- Reporting on A/B tests is good but where we have tests that can run for a longer period of time, the detail of the reporting can sometimes fall short.
In football, things change quickly and having a range of different experience templates allows us to adapt quickly to these changes to ensure our fans can browse the latest products and buy confidently.
- Fast implementation
- Wide variety of optimization options
- User friendly
- Fast and great customer service/support
- Third party(adblock). If users use their adblock software and enable the option to block third-party content, then the content you apply from platforms such as DY won't show. Although this is a con, by default it's not enabled, and very few people actually use it. We have tons of content from DY and looking at the graphs of how many impressions it does, compared to page visits in Google Analytics, there's not a lot of people who miss out on DY content.
- All in one tool. You not only can activate personalized content for your audience but also, you can create A/B test within the tool. Also, you can send customized emails campaigns or emails based on user actions (e.g. shopping cart recovery).
- Tons of widgets. Dynamic Yield has a lot of pre-created components that allow you to add almost anything to your website, say a recommendation module, a social proof, timer, etc.
- Predictive targeting. It is what allows you to do personalization on a scale. In essence, predictive targeting works by highlighting personalization opportunities for specific audiences based on your current personalization campaigns.
- Great documentation. You have access to an academy, help center, community forum, and Inspiration center. Also, they do webinars quite frequently.
- Their support team may delay when the issue has some complexity.
- Some integrations, like the triggered emails, can be more simple.
- Lack of a report to show the value of the tool. Right now, it requires some work to achieve this.
- I miss some CDP capabilities to create better segmentation.
I won't recommend starting using Dynamic Yield if you are just beginning with A/B test or doing CRO projects since there are cheaper alternatives and you won't probably use the tool on its full potential.