Reviews (1-25 of 61)
- Cost - They were way cheaper than most of the leading companies, especially at scale. Most of the others have server caps which limited us.
- Triggers - The secret to personalization is what can you trigger off of, and of options to trigger off of, they easily had the broadest number.
- Templates - Looking for personalization ideas; they had dozens ready to go with simple implementation.
- Product Recommendations - We can show the customer specific products that are very likely of interest to him and thus improve his experience on our site. The customer reaches his goal faster.
- A big advantage of Dynamic Yield is the support, if you have questions, they will be answered quickly! You never feel left alone.
- Dynamic Yield offers a perfect interface between marketers and developers. Through the ingenious interface, Dynamic Yield is easy to use without a technical background, while developers can prepare great applications for the marketers without a big technical explanation.
- I can't think of anything to improve on Dynamic Yield, I am completely satisfied!
- Quick on-boarding - we really pushed Dynamic Yield to have the software up and running on our platform in less than a month, this was achieved through effective collaboration between our ecom and dev teams and the DY on-boarding team.
- Attentive and responsive account management - is a major plus point, the account team are always at the end of a phone line or respond to an email within the hour even when travelling.
- Easy-to-use adaptable out of the box templates - helps us to spin up multiple tests in a short space of time.
- Reporting - would be good to have a more detailed dashboard that you could customise to suit you needs and then export as a PDF report, currently we export data on a campaign by campaign basis which is fairly time consuming.
- Site personalization - would be good if the results were also displayed on the on this screen as you could then see winners/losers quicker and make appropriate actions/decisions.
We could also get feedback quickly from our customers on topics we wanted to explore moving forward, using pop up questionnaires which has been really insightful and an easy way to get their feedback quickly. It also made A/B testing content and experiences much easier giving us quicker, clearer results to interpret.
- Quick and easy platform to set up experiences / tests and preview before setting live.
- As this isn't my sole focus on the team the fact the platform is really simple to use and quick to set up different tests/experiences means I can easily dip in to the platform to put something live without spending hours setting it up. The preview function is extremely useful for checking your work as well, we always test experiences thoroughly before putting them live and this easy function helps iron out any issues beforehand.
- Support from our Senior Customer Success Manager Doron has been faultless and a huge help in getting us up and running with the platform.
- This is something that is definitely stand out for Dynamic Yield. We have weekly calls with Doron who always has the patience and time to talk through all our ideas and queries. We hit the ground running with the platform and she helped us get going with live tests in the first few weeks and made getting to know the platform so much easier.
- Just the sheer amount you can do with the tool!
- We've been using the platform for a few months now and have only just really scratched the surface on the amount of things we can do with it! From creating detailed segments to target our different audiences, to A/B testing dynamic content on our site and pop up questionnaires there is little that Dynamic Yield can't do! And even if we broach Doron with an idea she will always go away and find a way we can do it or have it added on as a new function.
- The preview function is great at the moment however we have a mobile responsive site which is sometimes a bit trickier to preview things on. It would be great if somehow that could be updated to make mobile previewing easier.
- We have a lot of tests running at the same time and often the site personalisation list can be quite long, the search function helps but it would be great going forward if we could have more of a filing system to group tasks together to make them easier to find.
The reporting is also great for pulling off analysis to share with other stakeholders/management, the probability percentage is very well liked on our team to gain a better understanding of what's working and what isn't rather than just assuming what is working.
- Using personalization and recommendations to help meet customers' needs.
- Giving the possibility of setting up easily various A/B tests.
- Allowing several actions without the usage of tech support.
- Giving the possibility to do proper reporting of all actions.
- The possibility to upload various assets more easily over different accounts.
- The Customer Success team at DY is amazing. Whenever we have a question, they are quick to help and provide helpful information.
- DY is very good at providing use case ideas from companies to help inspire use cases to be used on our site.
- The DY Summit is an amazing time to hear from other customers and what they have been doing with DY on their sites.
- The one thing I noticed that is missing from DY is the automatic merchandising for the product grid pages. But luckily I know this is in the works and will be released soon!
The ownership of the tool sits with the sales department, which aims to subtly influence the customer on his/her journey to a purchase. It gives us the opportunity to change the UX as well as dynamically personalize content without the involvement of our IT department, which makes the execution of changes much faster.
- Data-driven personalization.
- Data-driven recommendation.
- Implementation of website changes very efficient.
- Automated test results within different user segments.
- Automatic creation of interesting user segments.
- Native integration in newsletter automation.
- CRM on user basis.
- Dynamic Yield allows us to be more relevant in a particular country. We have a large South Korean audience and Dynamic Yield allows us to engage with them to show off a dedicated section of our site and to engage with them in Korean.
- Dynamic Yield allows us to show more relevant promotions to our fans. For example, if they are already a member, we don't need to promote membership.
- Dynamic Yield allows us to test A/B content. As well as giving us the CTR for each variation, Dynamic Yield offers the % chance of each variation being the best.
- One area Dynamic Yield could improve is reporting. The level of detail in reporting is enormous but it is quite manual at present (although I believe this is in development).
- The speed at which you can implement change onto your website. For example, any broken links or one off instances of systems failures affecting the purchasing process a message can quickly and easily be added to the site to inform customers of problems and how they should proceed.
- The DY support team are on hand 24/7 to help with any queries, reply quickly along with having an account manager to reach out to for help with planning and how best to implement test etc.
- Better explanations of what type of campaign to use when setting up personalization. This could be examples of how it works on a website to view and get a better idea how it will show on your site.
- To advance the scheduling feature on site personalization so that campaigns can continue to run but with a change of image instead of having to set up another targeting experience.
- Quick to implement and roll out
- Intuitive user interface
- Features packed and several ready to use templates
- Account Management and Support Team are exceptional
- Light onboarding process and a lot of resources and learning material
- Report should be more flexible
- The preview feature is not 100% accurate
- User interface not yet fully stable
- Whole campaigns cannot be paused or taken offline
The software gives us immense flexibility and targeting capabilities without having the need of going through the usual tech development process. Ideas can be tested quickly and results evaluated real time and that is a big pro for our company.
- Possibility to personalize merchandising assets
- Possibility to use product recommendations with several algorithms and very high customization
- Possibility to create custom messages based on GTM events
- Possibility to create entire pages without tech support
- Possibility of A/B testing any element of the website coming from Dynamic Yield
- Possibility to inject any element inline when a Div is available
- Possibility to create specific rule for Modals and Messages
- Would be cool to have the possibility of linking assets to a campaign and schedule the go live of all the elements simultaneously
- Premade templates are a great starting point
- The ability to basically be only limited by what you can come up with
- Being able to tie into almost anywhere on your site.
- Their reporting, of how user cases are doing.
- Data and stats
- Personalization & Segmentation of customers is easily executed.
- Their preview tool could use some improvement as there are some buggy elements, but this is an area that is being address in their product roadmap.
In our retail group we're the only one doing e-commerce so DY is not used by other departments.
- The many design templates we can choose, it really saves time for our graphics designer.
- The ease of reading information on dashboard and reports.
- All our problems are addressed, from increasing newsletter subscribers to personalizing the product selection.
- Integrating newsletter (MailChimp in particular) API to DY can use a little bit more guidance.
- Some currency functions (ours is Indonesian Rupiah) does not work properly.
- Product recommendations section for 'similarity : needs to address the fact that they cannot accept multi-categories of each product. e.g. a shirt can be categorized as a 'top' category but will also fit into 'vacation wear', 'sale', etc.
It's less appropriate if you have limited budget as it is quite costly, or you only want limited features on your site
- A/B testing onsite and for campaigns.
- Many personalizations and targeting options.
- They deliver new campaign ideas and easy to use templates also useable without devs.
- There is no way to use a pool of strategy rules. Recurring rules have to set for every new strategy.
- A more flexible filter condition, e.g. more possibilities to use "more than/less than" instead of "true/false".
- Dynamic Yield is very good at helping us personalize our website, giving us many options to choose from as to who sees what, and why.
- The ease of use is great, it makes my job quick and easy.
- The number of options and templates that are built-in make DY easy for anyone to pick up the program and be effective without any extra effort.
- Because we have so many experiences on the go at a time, it can get slow while we are working in the back end.
- Supporting analytics are comprehensive.
- Platform's UI is intuitive and easy to use/navigate.
- I like the ability to create templates for experiences that could be used more than once with variable support for changing data definitions.
- Better capabilities of user tracking in email campaign integrations for those campaigns that are not necessarily product-focused.
- Recommendations handling and set up
- A/B Testing works great and is easy
- Analyzing of a test is very user-friendly
- Dynamic Yield could set up variables which can be used for all campaigns. A global variables setting. For example fonts and colors scheme and so on.
- Dynamic Yield should show the feed presentation better, so the whole feed can be scrolled horizontally on the screen.
- Possibility to see on the templates which campaigns they are used for.
- E-Commerce of all kind for recommendations.
- A/B Testing is very easy and simple.
- Dynamic Yield has a lot out of the box templates to use for "dynamic content", "overlays", "messages".
- Dynamic Yield is a pretty good A/B testing tool - easy to use.
- Dynamic Yield makes it easy to select a special audience and use this audience as a trigger to show them special website content.
- As a marketing manager I want to adjust some templates by myself. More marketing user training would be helpful.
- User-friendly interface
- Customer Support
- Robust capabilities
- Although it was pitched as having a tool that allowed a non-technical person to select elements on the website to edit/test, setting up tests almost always requires developer input.
Dynamic Yield Scorecard Summary
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield calls itself an AI-powered Personalization Anywhere™ platform that promises to deliver individualized experiences at every customer touchpoint: web, apps, email, kiosks, IoT, and call centers. The vendor says the platform’s data management capabilities provide for a unified view of the customer, allowing the rapid and scalable creation of highly targeted digital interactions.
Marketers, product managers, and engineers use Dynamic Yield for:
- Launching new personalization campaigns
- Running server-side and client-side A/B tests
- Leveraging machine-learning for product and content recommendations, and
- Employing algorithms for smartly triggered email and push notifications.
Headquartered in New York, the company serves more than 300 brands across the world.
Dynamic Yield Integrations
Dynamic Yield Competitors
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Dynamic Yield Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Dedicated project manager|
Dynamic Yield Technical Details