Reviews (1-25 of 79)
- Provide fantastic support, both in relation to strategy/best practice and troubleshooting.
- An easy to use interface, as a user who is relatively new to Dynamic Yield I find that it is an intuitive platform to use.
- The ability to segment and drill down on data allows for really specific insights which, whilst not necessarily being leveraged on a testing basis, can be super valuable from a greater marketing perspective.
- We are based in Australia and while your support staff are amazing, we find that we struggle to have quick resolutions to our issues and training calls are outside of business hours as our DY support team are all based in the Northern Hemisphere - local support would be amazing!
- We are currently working with a client who has two international sites and hard redirects based on geographic location - it is causing issues with regard to source attribution and location of users (users who have been hard redirected are still showing as having been users and huge percentages of traffic are incorrectly being attributed to referral/direct) it would be great if some troubleshooting could address these types of issues.
- Product recommendations are easy to set up, and powerfully personalizable through either hands on refining or automated A/B testing
- Customer insights are easy to set up and can be applied retroactively to data
- A/B testing anything from different graphics to copy to page layouts is easy to set up and implement site wide
- Greater flexibility for the out of the box templates - things such as typeface are not consistent and can require developer time to ensure a seamless site experience
- Exporting datasets don't necessarily reflect the way Dyanmic Yield is implemented on site, occasionally requiring that you go through experience by experience to extract the data you want
- I would like to see a more customizable homepage dashboard with the ability to modify the content of widgets, showing trends across multiple experiences rather than just being able to update the timeframe for a widget between Yesterday, Past 7 Days, or Past 30 Days before having to deep dive into a full report
- All in one tool. You not only can activate personalized content for your audience but also, you can create A/B test within the tool. Also, you can send customized emails campaigns or emails based on user actions (e.g. shopping cart recovery).
- Tons of widgets. Dynamic Yield has a lot of pre-created components that allow you to add almost anything to your website, say a recommendation module, a social proof, timer, etc.
- Predictive targeting. It is what allows you to do personalization on a scale. In essence, predictive targeting works by highlighting personalization opportunities for specific audiences based on your current personalization campaigns.
- Great documentation. You have access to an academy, help center, community forum, and Inspiration center. Also, they do webinars quite frequently.
- Their support team may delay when the issue has some complexity.
- Some integrations, like the triggered emails, can be more simple.
- Lack of a report to show the value of the tool. Right now, it requires some work to achieve this.
- I miss some CDP capabilities to create better segmentation.
I won't recommend starting using Dynamic Yield if you are just beginning with A/B test or doing CRO projects since there are cheaper alternatives and you won't probably use the tool on its full potential.
- Our account manager does a great job of keeping us organized and goal oriented.
- We value the reports available to us on DY and find them to be useful when refining campaigns and variations.
- I love how DY offers great out of the box ideas.
- I wish I had more one on one training with our former account manager when first using the platform when I joined the company. I've never used this tool and it took a couple months to understand.
- A/B testing so we can constantly continue to improve on the recommendations we show.
- Good tracking analytics for review.
- Easy to change and setup new recommendation testing.
- Initial implementation is a bit cumbersome.
- Setting up recommendations in new spots throughout the site does require some web dev experience.
- Educate--they got me up to speed so quickly on the platform.
- Communicate--our account rep is a great communicator! She is on top of deliverables and keeps us moving forward.
- Mock ups--when we come up with an idea, our rep is able to provide us with a great mock up of the experience so we can truly understand the idea.
- Dynamic Yield could be better with headless environments.
- Dynamic Yield could be better with working with 3rd party developers.
- Dynamic Yield could have more campaigns set up as drafts for their clients to edit and push live.
Currently we are also A/B testing an overlay for our newsletter registrations to see which layout works better.
- Great usability in general.
- Reports are super easy to find and understand.
- Perfect support if you need any help.
- We are often setting up test campaigns on our staging system to see how they work. It would be great if you could copy test campaigns with one click on the live system.
DY has a very great usability and it is very easy to set up different campaigns. What I like most is that campaigns are live in a few seconds and you can start measuring immediately.
We love the possibility to customize our Webshop for our costumers and are looking forward to go on with it in the future!
I wouldn't recommend it as a stand-alone analytics tool. It serves some data but without the right experience to put them into context it might leads to wrong assumptions.
CSM is also well experienced and is always suggesting best practices or relevant use-cases. Training with the DY team is also very interesting but it takes time to handle the whole solution as it's more complete and complex than a classic A/B testing tool.
Also suited for companies that want to scale up their e-commerce results through a recommendation engine and rigorous testing.
- A/B testing.
- Site personalisation.
- Audience segmentation.
- Quick, visual edits like changing images don't work very well and sometimes need coding - which defeats the purpose.
- Ease of selecting div's is clunky.
- Easier capability of amending out-the-box widgets.
- Creating experiences across mobile & desktop simultaneously would be good.
The tool allows us to quickly and easily make changes to the UX and saves the Club money in otherwise development costs.
Our biggest driver of revenue has been our focused recommendations to drive sales of personalised kits as well as basket add-on items.
Being able to create and share audiences between our sites has also proven invaluable in ensuring we capture key customer audiences.
- A/B Testing - allows us to test anything and everything all over the sites.
- Personalisation - hosting campaigns by region and using local languages to promote.
- Triggered emails - Abandoned basket is always a sales driving mechanic that once set up can be left to pick up any potential abandoned users.
- Reporting on A/B tests is good but where we have tests that can run for a longer period of time, the detail of the reporting can sometimes fall short.
In football, things change quickly and having a range of different experience templates allows us to adapt quickly to these changes to ensure our fans can browse the latest products and buy confidently.
recommendations to further grow our use of the tool within our sites.
- Dynamic Yield out of the box tools are easy to use!
- Dynamic Yield provides great use cases and strategies through a customer success manager.
- Dynamic Yield is easily customizable to replicate your site theme.
- Dynamic Yield SPL seems a little buggy as my business is on a headless environment.
- Customer success -- our customer success lead helps us learn the tool and make the most of what's available.
- Easy to use navigation -- there's a lot available in the program, but it's not too overwhelming to navigate and digest.
- Detailed reporting -- each test can be analyzed from many different viewpoints. Our rep also helps provide us with additional information and insight on how our campaigns are performing.
- I do think it's not quite self-serving. It's easy to navigate and manage once you get a hang of it, but it does take, in my experience, a bit of training to get started with the program. The Success reps help with that, which is great.
- Helps target selected audiences with ease.
- The experiences it offers out-of-the-box are amazing and easy to use.
- The biggest strength for Dynamic Yield is the abundance of educational resources and their world class customer support!
- Dynamic Yield can improve in providing more amazing out-of-the-box experiences.
- Some experiences need development work, easy custom experiences would be a better improvement.
- The dashboard could be a little easier to navigate, but not much to improve.
I can only think of one instance where Dynamic Yield is less appropriate, that is when we have no promotions or sales going on.
- Captures specified audiences
- Powerful recommendation engine
- Quickly fire targeted content based on set conditions
- Further training opportunties
- Clearer explanation of test results
- More info regarding new features
- Fast implementation
- Wide variety of optimization options
- User friendly
- Fast and great customer service/support
- Third party(adblock). If users use their adblock software and enable the option to block third-party content, then the content you apply from platforms such as DY won't show. Although this is a con, by default it's not enabled, and very few people actually use it. We have tons of content from DY and looking at the graphs of how many impressions it does, compared to page visits in Google Analytics, there's not a lot of people who miss out on DY content.
It address business problems related to targeting specific audience for several campaigns that we want to run.
- Create different campaigns on the website
- Target specific segments of customers
- Excellent customer service
- Provide new ideas to improve shopping experience
- Create videos to support ideas for the new users
- Cost - They were way cheaper than most of the leading companies, especially at scale. Most of the others have server caps which limited us.
- Triggers - The secret to personalization is what can you trigger off of, and of options to trigger off of, they easily had the broadest number.
- Templates - Looking for personalization ideas; they had dozens ready to go with simple implementation.
- Quick on-boarding - we really pushed Dynamic Yield to have the software up and running on our platform in less than a month, this was achieved through effective collaboration between our ecom and dev teams and the DY on-boarding team.
- Attentive and responsive account management - is a major plus point, the account team are always at the end of a phone line or respond to an email within the hour even when travelling.
- Easy-to-use adaptable out of the box templates - helps us to spin up multiple tests in a short space of time.
- Reporting - would be good to have a more detailed dashboard that you could customise to suit you needs and then export as a PDF report, currently we export data on a campaign by campaign basis which is fairly time consuming.
- Site personalization - would be good if the results were also displayed on the on this screen as you could then see winners/losers quicker and make appropriate actions/decisions.
We could also get feedback quickly from our customers on topics we wanted to explore moving forward, using pop up questionnaires which has been really insightful and an easy way to get their feedback quickly. It also made A/B testing content and experiences much easier giving us quicker, clearer results to interpret.
- Quick and easy platform to set up experiences / tests and preview before setting live.
- As this isn't my sole focus on the team the fact the platform is really simple to use and quick to set up different tests/experiences means I can easily dip in to the platform to put something live without spending hours setting it up. The preview function is extremely useful for checking your work as well, we always test experiences thoroughly before putting them live and this easy function helps iron out any issues beforehand.
- Support from our Senior Customer Success Manager Doron has been faultless and a huge help in getting us up and running with the platform.
- This is something that is definitely stand out for Dynamic Yield. We have weekly calls with Doron who always has the patience and time to talk through all our ideas and queries. We hit the ground running with the platform and she helped us get going with live tests in the first few weeks and made getting to know the platform so much easier.
- Just the sheer amount you can do with the tool!
- We've been using the platform for a few months now and have only just really scratched the surface on the amount of things we can do with it! From creating detailed segments to target our different audiences, to A/B testing dynamic content on our site and pop up questionnaires there is little that Dynamic Yield can't do! And even if we broach Doron with an idea she will always go away and find a way we can do it or have it added on as a new function.
- The preview function is great at the moment however we have a mobile responsive site which is sometimes a bit trickier to preview things on. It would be great if somehow that could be updated to make mobile previewing easier.
- We have a lot of tests running at the same time and often the site personalisation list can be quite long, the search function helps but it would be great going forward if we could have more of a filing system to group tasks together to make them easier to find.
The reporting is also great for pulling off analysis to share with other stakeholders/management, the probability percentage is very well liked on our team to gain a better understanding of what's working and what isn't rather than just assuming what is working.
- Using personalization and recommendations to help meet customers' needs.
- Giving the possibility of setting up easily various A/B tests.
- Allowing several actions without the usage of tech support.
- Giving the possibility to do proper reporting of all actions.
- The possibility to upload various assets more easily over different accounts.
- The Customer Success team at DY is amazing. Whenever we have a question, they are quick to help and provide helpful information.
- DY is very good at providing use case ideas from companies to help inspire use cases to be used on our site.
- The DY Summit is an amazing time to hear from other customers and what they have been doing with DY on their sites.
- The one thing I noticed that is missing from DY is the automatic merchandising for the product grid pages. But luckily I know this is in the works and will be released soon!
The ownership of the tool sits with the sales department, which aims to subtly influence the customer on his/her journey to a purchase. It gives us the opportunity to change the UX as well as dynamically personalize content without the involvement of our IT department, which makes the execution of changes much faster.
- Data-driven personalization.
- Data-driven recommendation.
- Implementation of website changes very efficient.
- Automated test results within different user segments.
- Automatic creation of interesting user segments.
- Native integration in newsletter automation.
- CRM on user basis.
Dynamic Yield Scorecard Summary
What is Dynamic Yield?
Dynamic Yield calls itself an AI-powered Experience Optimization platform that promises to deliver individualized experiences at every customer touchpoint: web, apps, email, kiosks, IoT, and call centers. The platform’s data management capabilities provide for a unified view of the customer, allowing the rapid and scalable creation of highly targeted digital interactions.
Marketers, product managers, and engineers use Dynamic Yield for:
- Launching new personalization campaigns
- Running server-side and client-side A/B tests
- Leveraging machine-learning for product and content recommendations, and
- Employing algorithms for smartly triggered email and push notifications.
Headquartered in New York, the company serves more than 350 brands across the world.
Dynamic Yield Screenshots
Dynamic Yield Video
Dynamic Yield Integrations
Dynamic Yield Competitors
Dynamic Yield Pricing
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Dynamic Yield Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Dedicated project manager|
Dynamic Yield Technical Details