- Little to no internal development resources required post initial integration.
- Do not need to know how to write code - great for merchandisers!
- The user flows can be a little difficult to follow at first.
- Naming conventions are key if you plan to use this tool at scale.
- If you are technically skilled, you can do lots of stuff with Dynamic Yield and you get lots of different data out of the tests.
- Analyzing the basic test results is easy. When working with Google Analytics, you need to have more skills.
- The tests work quite reliably, we haven't found any bigger glitches.
- You need quite a lot of technical knowledge to run more complex tests, I could not do everything I wanted although I have lots of HTML experience and some JS.
- There are too many different menues and functionalities that need to be used. For one of our tests I needed to use four different functions hidden behind different menues. If I remember correctly they were two different templates, custom actions and something else too.
- The personalization engine should be more transparent and configurable. Now we do not know on what basis the engine makes recommendations. It would also be nice to get to adjust some variables.
- Easy self-service platform.
- Prebuilt templates, and ability to create more, makes repeated tests or messaging easy for marketers to set up without needing engineers.
- Account managers are actively involved in client success beyond implementation.
- We have experienced some minor bugs with the platform and the plugin, but tech support seems responsive to those issues.
- A way of connecting to clients' own APIs for testing product recommendations or allowing for more types of product feeds would be helpful.
- As a client, would like to see more information provided for upcoming features and roadmap or have input into what those are.
I wouldn't recommend Dynamic Yield for companies that are lacking a sufficient development team (primarily front-end) supporting the marketers who would be using this tool. Much of the benefit comes from the advanced templating that can be done to automate the creation of tests, which requires strong development skills.
- A/B Testing of Creative - this feature allows us to trial multiple creatives and messages without having to force a choice between any one. This gives us much greater freedom in messaging and improves our development workflow by not artificially restricting our choices.
- Audience Segmentation - We can segment our audience based on behavior (social sharing, content consumption rates, etc.) and target them with messaging specific to their interests. We can then provide reports on how different audience segments are interacting with our content, and especially how our differentiated messaging is helping to improve those interaction rates.
- Display Ads - We have used this feature to create display ads that run through our ad system, but they allow us greater flexibility to A/B test creative. We have also used this to provide retargeting or purchased ads to third parties, and this give us much more control over the deployment and testing of creatives without needing to send the third-party new ad codes.
- The analytics of Dynamic Yield are not very clear, and do not always match up even closely with our Google Analytics. Their measuring criteria is different, so I understand the discrepancies, but it sometimes causes problems for me when producing reports from both systems and having to explain why the numbers are so far off.
- The documentation is not always very helpful. It provides basic instructions on how to do things in the interface, but does not provide nearly enough specific examples on how to set things up. For most things beyond a simple setup, I have to get in touch with my CSM, and this is problematic in cases where I need to be able to act quickly.
- I have encountered problems using templates for the Site Personalization. Specifically, when updating a template, it takes a very long time for the actual code deployments to update, if at all. Most of the time, if I do want to change a template, I have to uncouple the variation from the template, make the changes, and then save a new template.
- Very easy implementation of web features (easy even for a non-technical person)
- A/B testing of almost everything on the site with detailed reports
- Superb round the clock support
- Reports can be even more detailed with more metrics to track
- More templates could be provided for non technical users who cannot code
- Flexible and intuitive tool: navigation through the tool is simple and changes can be set up in a few seconds.
- Personalization: acquiring data from our customers and delivering them specific content is a plus.
- All-in-one tool: DY has a wide range of functionalities and having them centralized in one specific tool is great.
- Technical background needed: in order to fully manage the platform a technical background is required. Marketing teams may need tech support.
- Tool still in early stages: some features are still in development and the range of templates to users is not that wide.
- Visibility of changes: it can take up to 10 minutes to fully view changes implemented.
- Product Recommendations.
- Ability to A/B test experiences and testing them against a control group.
- Usage as a CMS to replace the tedious work within our backend.
- Weather based personalization.
- Product Recommendation engine is not intuitive at first. Quite a few steps to get up and running.
- Audience intelligence needs a little work when it comes to gender. Gender is determined by a contact who visits X number of men's or women's pages and X number of the other gender.
The platform allows you to pivot very quickly with pre-made templates that are easy to tweak / edit. Had a cold spell across the US in April this year, so we used weather based personalization to display a "sticker" to customers that were seeing snow, letting them know we had Winter Styles in our outlet.
- The customer support is great! Every time I have a question or something is not clear, the CSR response is fast and efficient.
- The knowledge center is well organised and clear. You can find a lot of data there.
- The platform is user-friendly. Great interface.
- It takes 5-10 min from "publish" to "live on site".
- Once the content is "live" we can't pause it - we have to archive it.
- These two reasons make the QA process inefficient and very time-consuming.
- Also there is a problem to manage many sites in parallel. Its good to have the separation between sites but we should have a way to manage our account cross-site.
- It's hard to connect between different experiences but we're using evaluators to do so. The only problem is that the report on the platform is per experience and we can't see one report for several experiences.
2. The custom actions preview is not working good.
3. We're using Dynamic Yield to test our product. This is why we need to have better funnel analysis reports.
- Flexible product - with a few clicks (and sometimes a bit of code) it's quick to build and deploy a targeted campaign.
- Extensive list of functionalities - we can use DY to manage and target all onsite campaigns, product recommendations both web and on email and soon also use them for trigger emails.
- It requires the support of a technical person on our team. There are not many templates and those that exist are not easy to change without getting on the code. For us it is not a problem as we have a large tech team, but it can be a limitation if you do not know and don't have a technical person to support you.
- Coordination with support team could be faster - our communication is good and response times as well. We have an open line of communication with our customer success team, virtually 24/7. However, their tech team takes time to respond, which poses a difficulty whenever there's a technically more challenging question to answer or problem to solve (their tech team sits in Israel, 9-10 h difference to our local time).
We use it for two things: i) testing different creatives, offers, UI and new or improved features, and ii) creating personalized experiences for specific audiences, whether it's geo-based targeting, traffic source based or on-site behavior.
- Scale - most test or personalization plans are done more than once or twice. Whether it's an offer we'll promote using different banners or a notification popping up, having the ability to create templates for re-use makes it easy to clone and do a lot with 1-time development effort.
- User experience - the whole UX is very easy similar to other known tools like Google Analytics or others, which makes it friendly and easy to use.
- Performance segmented by an audience - one of my personal favorites is the ability to review a test's performance by pre-defined audiences.
- Some tests result in an insignificant change/uplift, but! when examining its results for specific audiences you'll always find some groups of users that have benefited from the offer from the new experience and keep it live only for them. No test should end without an uplift.
- Focused on e-commerce - it's clear to see that Dynamic Yield's focus is on e-commerce, which has been great for us.
- Starting from e-commerce focused reporting and analytics, pre-made templates for experiences that are known to be best practices for leading an e-commerce site at your finger tips, and streamlined e-commerce focused targeting capabilities, KPIs and objectives.
- Maturity - though DynamicYield's solution answers most of our needs, it's clear to see that the solution is relatively "young". - There are many things missing or lacking. Most aren't crucial, yet altogether it has a great impact on our ability to make the most out of the solution.
- Up to a 10 minute wait until an experience is published - we double check and QA each new experience we publish using Dynamic Yield and have to wait 10 minutes each time. We click the "Publish" button until it's online and ready for our QA; might seem petty yet it's the #1 time-consuming issue we've suffered from, especially when creating/editing experiences and publishing it for tests dozens of times. At times, this has cost us 3-4 days for things that should have taken less than 1 day.
- Test and personalization management - we run many tests and personalizations and there's no one place like a centralized report or a dashboard for a quick review of all running experiences, either for one of our sites as well as all together. Dynamic Yield's solution currently makes you go one-by-one and check each experience's performance at a time.
Looking for a simple, code-less tool for testing banners and texts - use something simpler and cheaper.
To leverage Dynamic Yield's solution will require front-end abilities and effort. I'd say that the minimum should be around 25% of a front-end developer's time.
Another feature we used a lot is the recommendation engine: we add the recommendation widget in a number of pages, adding more engaging content for the users, and testing different strategies, like similar products, most viewed, bought together, and so on. In our company, the solution hypothesis is prepared by marketing team and IT team, while the implementation and future analysis are run by IT team.
- What we love the most about Dynamic Yield is how easy it is to create experiments that let us compare 2 or more variations. The feature of targeting the right users/pages/context for the experiment cover pretty much everything we wanted and the process of setting it up is very easy.
- The recommendation engine is another feature that we love. It's very easy to try different strategies to understand what performs best in each case, and using the templates you can save tons of work to set up new recommendation experiments (yes, every feature is an experiment from now on). Moreover, the direct revenue and assisted revenue metrics gives great insight on what is just holding the user on the site and actually shows what users wanted to buy (both are great results though).
- One thing that we find limited is the rules you can set in the strategy for recommendation. Especialy the similar products one, has the possibility to define fields that must match and field that must not match: we'd like the configuration to be more flexible.
- Another thing we struggled with is the product feed. We have different price lists for different countries and we handle multiple languages. Representing all that information in one feed is pretty hard, and moreover, there's a strong limitation on the number of fields available for the feed. Basically, the product feed engine should be boosted.
- Talking about the reports, it would be amazing if the system would give the result of an experiment not only viewing it for all users, but even segmenting the audiences: in this case the system let you see the raw data, but you have no indication whether the test is performing good, whether you have enough data to take decisions, and so on
- The out of the box features are impressive and quick to implement. Overlays, messaging and content changes can be made instantly enabling tests to be carried out quickly.
- Creation of custom actions enables us to bridge the gap between our online and offline tests by injecting code changes directly onto the page.
- The test segmenting features are very robust, actions can be triggered by device, ip, cookie, audience type and at specific times of day allowing us to test whatever we want, when we want.
- We're not using all the features of the tool, there's so much to choose from it's sometimes overwhelming. The support team however are superb and have always been able to help.
- More integration with GA would be useful.
- Some of the features do require some technical knowledge to implement, again support are always on hand to help.
Dynamic Yield is being used by a few business units inside our corporation.
Dynamic Yield increases user engagement and lowers churn.
- Article recommendations
- Some good ready made templates
- Good preview mode
- Personalization engine is a black box; we'd like to have more power to modify parameters in the algorithm
- Not clear and too many steps in making test cases
Less appropriate: A/B testing because there are so many other less expensive solutions available
The goal of acquiring a conversion rate optimization tool like Dynamic Yield, was to deliver a best in class tool to allow our business to deliver the best results possible. Acquiring Dynamic Yield has allowed us do deliver this! What made Dynamic Yield stand out head and shoulders above the rest, was the tool's breadth of capabilities, packaged alongside Dynamic Yield's amazing support. [This] has made it one of the best acquisitions to date.
- The UI has been one of the best I have used to date, easy to use, easy to pick up and always improving.
- Dynamic yield's many functions allow us to do many things - we currently have 5,000 dynamically rendered pages!
- Reporting is easy to use and easy to export - and pretty self explanatory.
- Dynamic Yield has the ability edit pages in a WYSIWYG method - though this can be improved (it is still very good).
- Reporting is available through their dashboard - it would be great to get access to the raw data.
- More content in the knowledge base ( support portal).
The best has been the rendering of 5,000 locally targeted pages, for us the resource to deliver these pages would have been years away. Being able to switch on this function within weeks of gaining the tool has been amazing.
- Makes it very easy for us to identify different audience segments and serve the most relevant content to each.
- Allows us to easily identify the best variations to serve in real-time.
- Shows real results. We improved sales 35% during the first holiday weekend that we implemented Dynamic Yield and have continued to see revenue uplifts since.
- Outside of templates, Dynamic Yield does not assist in producing creative, which could be helpful.
Dynamic Yield is the perfect product for any e-commerce company with different visitor segments. It is well-suited for teams that would like to leverage personalization and automated optimization to boost sales and order values.
Dynamic Yield is best suited for websites with a steady stream of online traffic and marketing teams who can create several variations to leverage the full power of the platform.
- Makes it very easy for us to deploy personalization throughout our entire website.
- Allows us to run A/B tests while we sit back, relax and allow machines to allocate traffic to the best performing variations.
- Helps us serve highly targeted messages to boost engagement across our website.
- Admin interface occasionally could be a little easier to understand.
- The support team is one of the best I have worked with. With any new software and business implementation, there are inevitably unforeseen teething issues. Dynamic Yield is always quick to react and even with problems that I couldn't see easy ways of fixing, there always are.
- The portal is very user-friendly.
- The code is very easy to amend and change to your business needs.
- The pre-set targetting rules can be more defined.
- The ability to customize css/js/html for any variation.
- A wide array of user targeting variables.
- The administrative interface is not streamlined. There are multiple places you must go to start site personalization. We needed to create a template first, then we need to have events tracking already setup, then we finally went back to site personalization. There are too many backwards steps.
- This site was build for e-commerce, so documentation needs to be updated for a more broad audience
- Many out of box features which can be easily used by business users.
- Complete A/B testing and personalization platform, don't have to buy 2 products.
- Great customer support.
- Would be great to see more out of the box (OOB) content pieces.
- Easy A/B Testing
- Audience targeting for specific content or action
- Learning carve could be shorter
- A good technical knowledge is required for exploiting all features (though tech support is fast usually)
Dynamic Yield Scorecard Summary
About Dynamic Yield
Dynamic Yield is an open-ended omni-channel personalization and optimization platform designed to serve highly optimized customer experiences at scale. The vendor says that its SaaS-based solution empowers marketing professionals, eCommerce brands and media companies (publishers), with real-time personalization and optimization modules for tailoring experiences and delivering the highest yielding pages, promotions, calls-to-action, campaigns and content, throughout the customer journey. Additionally, the vendor says that its proprietary modules and solutions are highly customizable and offer dedicated APIs across a variety of functions, including mobile SDKs and data onboarding solutions.
Dynamic Yield Integrations
Dynamic Yield Competitors
Dynamic Yield Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
|Dedicated project manager|
Dynamic Yield Technical Details
|Supported Languages: ||All|