Overall Satisfaction with Echobox
We use Echobox to manage our social pages (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram). As a [newspaper,] we want to reach as many readers as possible so we rely on our social media to acquire them and also to promote our articles. With the constant changes to each platform's algorithm, it is very hard to understand what is the best time to post something and Echobox saves us the time and hassle by doing that for us.
- Knows the best time to post something on social media[.]
- Creates the post (image, link and description for you)[.]
- Combines everything in one place[.]
- More options when creating Instagram stories, for instance[,] choosing the [URL] button placement[.]
- Some more insights into Echobox's score decisions[.]
- Some kind of analytics[.]
- Schedule our posts for us[.]
- Saving time[.]
- Pull new articles automatically[.]
- More website clicks, 45% increase in only 7 weeks[.]
- More interactions on social media, 66% increase in clicks from Facebook[.]
- Content shared through Echobox does 36% better than content shared manually[.]
Echobox AI function (the ability to decide when is the best time to share a post) is a [game-changer] and also the UI is cleaner and easier to use. I found Hootsuite confusing and complicated. It has too many windows and also doesn't pull the articles automatically. There is no comparison really, Echobox is miles ahead.
Do you think Echobox delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Echobox's feature set?
Did Echobox live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Echobox go as expected?
Would you buy Echobox again?
Echobox works best for publications that release articles such as [newspapers], magazines, etc. If your company relies on content created by a designer, you won't really use Echobox's ability to pull the content from your website and create the posts for you. You can still add your own designs though.