Gong
March 05, 2020

Gong

Overall Satisfaction with Gong.io

I have used Gong as a new manager to listen to calls and determine effective talk tracks. I have asked the team to be involved with Gong to sharpen their skill set as well. It is going to help with on-boarding and accelerating new sales reps. The statistics are great because they help with focus areas.
  • Statistics.
  • Story boarding account approach.
  • Talk tracks.
  • User adoption is challenging (important but never urgent).
  • Customer service - I asked for a demo when I was new, they pushed me to recordings, would have been nice to just jump on the call. Only wanted to jump on a call when my usage was low.
  • Not easy to navigate to specific time stamps in the call (ExecVision was easier here, but a far inferior tool).
  • Improve training.
  • Improve SDR/AE communication.
  • Improve retention (growth mindset).
In my opinion, Gong has a far richer user interface. There are many pieces that are the same, but Gong seems to have a passion for the tool whereas ExecVision just seemed to exist because it could. The only feature I liked better in EV was being able to highlight whole sections of conversation.
Was pushed to watch recorded library for training when I asked for a live demo. Was not able to schedule a live training until my NPS score showed low on their end.

Do you think Gong delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Gong's feature set?

Did Gong live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Gong go as expected?

Would you buy Gong again?

Gong.io is well suited for sales, SDR, marketing.