Overall Satisfaction with Google Analytics
I have Google Analytics implemented on all the websites that I manage, which are my own and my clients'. I give my clients monthly analytics reports for their websites and I think it gives them the best insights into web traffic possible. When you go deep into the training you learn there is so much that those reports can show you. I also really appreciate the free training Google and users have made available online.
- Google Analytics is easy to install to your website and user-friendly from the Dashboard POV.
- Reports can be customized and exported in various formats. I download PDFs for my clients.
- See how much traffic you have, where it's coming from, and the patterns that they follow on your site.
- For visual thinkers/learners, the graphs that they include in the reports are awesome.
- It is an advanced part, but I think setting up traffic filters and goals could be easier.
- Google doesn't do as much with keywords as it used to but from our end it would be nice to see more use of keywords (tags)!
- It really helps to verify where you're spending your marketing dollars. For example, if you're sending out email campaigns and select to include Google Analytics, you can see what percentage of your site referrals come from email in a report.
I have never felt the need to explore other options because Google Analytics really sets the standard in my POV.
I consider Google Analytics a MUST HAVE for anyone with a website. If you aren't very tech savvy and had someone else set up your website or outsource the maintenance; ask them to include it for you. At your request, Google will send your webmaster instructions to set it up.