Overall Satisfaction with Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics as a tool to help us track and measure overall e-Commerce performance. It is mainly used by our Marketing Department. This tool has helped address the problem of being able to better understand traffic patterns, marketing campaign performance and who our visitors are and what they are doing when they get to our website.
- Segmentation - GA provides numerous ways to really segment your data to better understand your traffic and campaign performance. Allows you to really drill down into your data.
- Useability - The tool itself is VERY user friendly. Training was easy and I found the learning curve of this tool to be much smaller than other Analytic tools.
- Reporting - It's very easy to set up custom reports and have them emailed to individuals on a timely basis.
- It would be nice to have a training or robust help section with in the tool.
- The setting of date ranges can sometime be a bit clunky and feels glitchy.
- Google Analytics has really helped speed up employee efficiency. It is much easier to create customer reports that suite a wide variety of internal needs.
I find Google Analytics to be very comparable from a reporting/data analysis standpoint. I find the Adobe Analytics and complimentary packages to provide a much more robust set of tools that meets additional business needs.
Google Analytics provides a variety of tools that helps our team analyze data and create customer reports in an efficient manner. This tool is well worth the cost even if you do not have an AdWords account. The insight you gain from testing, campaigns, visitor traffic, etc. is extremely easy to get from this tool.
I believe Google Analytics is a well suited tool for any e-Commerce team.