Overall Satisfaction with Google Analytics
I use Google Analytics to measure results and progress on multiple websites and campaigns. I help clients setup and use Analytics to monitor their own websites and brand presence online. Analytics provides an effective means to measure and monitor a websites performance and the focus and test specific areas of potential success or to identify problems.
- Google Analytics provides numerous avenues to valuable information about your audience, such as demographics, keywords and behaviors. You can tell which pages are getting traffic, where they are coming from and what technology they are using (mobile, ipad or laptop for example).
- One cool example of the value of Google Analytics data can be found in Acquisitions>Social>Network Referrals. There you'll see exactly how many visitors you received directly from Facebook, twitter or other social media channels.
- Key data that is highly important to website owners that can be easily found in Google Analytics is: Page Views, Page Depth (how many pages per session), Time on Page, and the all-important "Bounce Rate". These critical indicators provide website owners with valuable insight into site performance.
- One of the missing components is certainly Keyword Research. Some clever marketers and website owners want the ability to research keyword statistics and data. They want the ability to find the keywords that are less competitive and relevant to their topic(s). That's possible in Google Adwords to some extent, but it should be in Analytics to a large extent in my opinion.
- Another feature I think is missing in Google Analytics is page rank data of in-bound links and the ability to research page rank data and suggestions to improve page ranking for all pages and sites. That would be valuable.
- Because Google Analytics is free for use, the only investment is time. I think the return is enormous, and not monitoring your website performance is a bad idea.
- With Google Analytics you have the ability to test different aspects of your website and marketing campaigns. You can see the results of A/B testing in real time.
Frankly, I have not discovered a better, more effective tool that provides the amazing array of data from such an incredible amount of avenues. Google Analytics rocks!
For anyone using WordPress CMS, Google Analytics is a must because it is so easy to include and implement on your website that not doing so is foolish. You can't manage what you can't measure. Google Analytics provides that critical management tool to measure your online brand performance.