The Great Google Analytics
May 05, 2014
The Great Google Analytics
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Google Analytics
Google Analytics is being used across the entire campus of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh - encoded in every webpage we have in order to look at traffic we get on the web. If certain webpages get more traffic, we can tell by Google Analytics and take the techniques used on the successful page and implement similar techniques on the sites that are not as successful in web traffic. It addresses the problem of websites not getting traffic - it helps significantly.
- Implements HTML5 code into your website's source code to track specific information about who is visiting your site, when, and from where.
- Without Google Analytics, bloggers, businesses, and all professionals wouldn't be able to track how useful their website is to other people.
- Since many people aren't familiar with HTML5 coding, and although Google Analytics makes it somewhat simple, they could improve the directions on where exactly to put the code (and what code specifically) on your website since every website is different.
- Google is such a large and powerful company that they should be able to cater to each user's needs, therefore having steps for the HTML5 or iFrame tags for each browsers and for each type of website.
- These types of websites could include both responsive and non-responsive, but Google Analytics should focus on responsive sites since mobile is becoming a fanatic trend.
- We used Google Analytics for live websites and blogs in an upper-level Journalism class at my university, and having Google Analytics increased the overall happiness of the bloggers and creators of the website.
- Since we got to see who was reading our blogs and visiting our live websites, we felt more content with the content as viewers would rise, or we learned what we needed to do differently if viewers decreased within a certain amount of time.
I selected Google Analytics because it was the first software of its kind to be introduced to me and it was fun and easy to learn. It was the first one introduced to me simply because it's the best in its field of similar products. It is so user-friendly and spectacular for our digital world that I didn't need to learn or go after and other similar products.
I give Google Analytics a 10 out of 10 when being asked if I will reuse it because I'm a web developer, and it greatly increases customer service at my place of employment due to how we put it to use. This information has been covered previously above. Every web development firm must use Google Analytics in order to be successful in today's society.
It is suited well for both technical and non-technical users, but if a more technical user uses Google Analytics as a resource they can learn and find out many things that it can do. But it is appropriate for non-technical users as well, as it has directions for each step. The homepage after you get your code set up can be intimidating at first, but the usability is great after learning more and more about it.