Overall Satisfaction with GRIN
I use GRIN to source, contact, negotiate, and execute our influencer marketing efforts. GRIN makes these processes infinitely easier by providing a clear path for campaign completion. The best part of GRIN, though, is their support team. They're super quick at responding and really try to answer every question you may have, even if it's stupid... which I have asked plenty, haha.
- Customer Support Services/Helpdesk
- Sourcing Influencers
- Data Organization
- Email functionality - no terrible, but not great
- Connecting my business/personal socials to the platform to directly contact influencers without an email associated with their account. (Enable Direct Messaging within Grin)
- Increased visibility from influencers tagging our socials and/or talking about our products
- Month over month increases in revenue demonstrates a growing program
- Time saved sourcing influencers
I've used custom platforms and demoed Strawberry Socials. The custom platforms aren't relevant to compare because they were only partially made for influencer marketing, but I found Strawberry Socials to be fairly comparable, but the sales and integration team sold me on Grin.
Do you think GRIN delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GRIN's feature set?
Did GRIN live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GRIN go as expected?
Would you buy GRIN again?
GRIN provides a platform that's helpful to learn on and easily teachable to new employees. It's comparable to other influencer marketing platforms or CRM systems I've used in the past, but their support services are top-notch and are very familiar with the product.
1 - I use Grin for influencer marketing. This includes sourcing, contacting, negotiating, and executing campaigns with influencers.
1 - Grin requires a base level of technical abilities. If you can w rite an email, you can use Grin. That's why the program is so great.
- Influencer Sourcing
- Influencer Contact/Negotation
- Campaign Execution
- Content Capture
- Agreement/Contract Distribution
- Discovery of micro-influencers/people with ancillary automotive interests to advertise to
- Mass data collection of non-influencers
Everything about Grin has been easy. I've been satisfied with every aspect of Grin, including the product integration, influencer campaign creation, and helpdesk support.
Evaluating GRIN and Competitors
Yes - The technical answer to this is, yes and no. I've demoed Strawberry Socials in the past, but it has been years, so I don't know how that product would stack up against the current Grin, however, I'm loving my decision to go with Grin and can't imagine enough of a benefit to switch.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
The price seemed inline with other products, so that was good to see. The product features had everything I would need plus, when speaking with the integration team, spoke with several upcoming features that would continue to improve the product. The usability seemed great during the demo, so I had to go with Grin!
I wouldn't. The sales team did a fantastic job and the integration team really helped make this super simple to get started.