Overall Satisfaction with Gusto
I use Gusto for managing my LLC and automating payroll for my S-Corp. Typically this can be an expensive thing to automate and skills required to manage tools like this can be hard. For me, having only one employee and trying to keep track of what to withhold, when to pay taxes and how to offer benefits was something I was not ready for. Gusto made this easy and simple without error or hassle. Taxes were paid on time, withholdings were done automatically and all necessary paperwork was filed quarterly.
- Easy step by step setup from signup process to the automatic payments via EFT.
- All forms and payments are done completely automated and electronically so no manual intervention. I set it up at the beginning of my first year and never looked at it until the next year when I did my taxes.
- Payroll was easy, automated and simple manage for situations like overtime, time off and one time bonus payments.
- Offering other pre tax benefits like 401K was easy to incorporate thru their partner apps.
- As a small business Gusto really does it all. I have no request for more features as all the important things for me were there.
- I have spent none of my time managing this necessary part of running a business.
- Everything is paid on time and electronically.
- I can offer benefits that would otherwise take more people to manage.
The nature of my business is software development so naturally I was after a way to address this tedious task with some type of automation. Gusto was actually recommended by another tool I use (FreshBooks). After reviewing what it offered and having used Utilipro at work, I didn't look much further. The integration to my accounting tool was a good start and knowing everything was done electronically and could make my entire company tax filing simple made my decisions pretty swift.
Small business and self-employed users with a few employees is best. It is focused on offering tools to make the requirements of running a business very friction free. No need to hire someone to manage payroll and benefits when you can just set things up quickly and Gusto was there from the start. The one thing I would say is they were immediate with their call. I signed up and as I was completing the steps, someone called my phone to ask if I ran into any issues or had any questions during my signup process.