Everything I Ever Wanted!
April 21, 2021
Everything I Ever Wanted!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Heap
Heap is used to track and analyze data across our web and app properties. From a marketing perspective, it helps us analyze source traffic. From a web CRO perspective, it helps us optimize our conversion funnels and track site-wide user activity. From a mobile app perspective, it is immensely helpful in detailing our enrollment flow completion, as there are many steps in which a person can likely fail - and helps us dig into how we ca improve. We've also recently implemented a webhook solution with our MMP, which allows us to merry app install attribution with in-app actions seamlessly, and requires less code going into our app as a result. The core users of Heap are the marketing and product teams.
- Incredibly easy to use, with the events visualizer tool there is no need to place code on web.
- The Heap reps are some of the smartest and most passionate people I've worked with, they go above and beyond and are always available.
- Heap has so many features - and you get out of it what you put in. You can use it simply for site analytics - or create real integrations with your other systems to automate workflows.
- There is so much to do in HEAP that sometimes you have to bring your own challenges to the table to uncover the solution. It's very malleable.
- If you have too many people working in your account, definitions and nomenclature can become a bit unhinged. However, I believe there is a way to set permissions to potentially avoid this in your org.
- Optimized conversion funnels resulting in revenue growth.
- Optimized campaigns through data integrations, being able to see a suite of user activity across web and app.
- Increased conversion rates from all of the above, as well as landing page analyses.
Heap is super easy to use - while there is a lot of functionality, the core areas for a marketer are fairly simple to navigate. A small bit of a more advanced training from the Heap reps really open up a lot of capabilities related to organization and efficiency - if there is something that you 'wish' existed, 9/10 times Heap will have it (and if not, they might build it!)
Heap loads very quickly, and login is secure through our company's OAuth platform. Reporting loads in a matter of seconds - even for large data sets. It's also nice that you can view the data in various chat views in the same run - helps you visualize your story quickly.
Heap is great for its user-friendliness. It's not complex or limited in its ability to provide even complex data sets. It also makes tagging events a breeze. I have found other products to be limited in reporting output - you can see one parameter but not paired with another, for example. Heap lets you match on endless combinations. They are also agnostic when it comes to some of their integrated solutions.
Do you think Heap delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Heap's feature set?
Did Heap live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Heap go as expected?
Would you buy Heap again?
Heap shines in site wide analytics, user flows, data integrations, and in-app activity. It also puts so much power back in the user's hands by allowing you to create your own events on the site without involving engineering teams. It's a very powerful tool for marketing, and can likely solve most challenges you may have if you raise them to a Heap rep.