Overall Satisfaction with Hotjar
We're using HotJar to see where our web visitors are clicking on key pages. This allows us to make informed decisions when we want to test out new content or reorganizing content. We're also using HotJar's click-tracking software that shows videos of how users are scrolling and clicking through the site.
- Heatmap Tracking - Seeing where users click is very important.
- Click Tracking - Watching videos of user actions shows us where they're getting hung up.
- Interface - Once logged into HotJar, it takes a few clicks to get to where I want to go. Shortcuts on the landing page would be helpful. But this is a minor complaint.
- Removing clicks that take place on a drop-down menu, or showing the menu separately would help.
- We're on the free plan, so it's been all positive.
- I've used the paid plan in the past, and that has been worth the investment, as well.
- People all across marketing were very interested when I gave them a quick demo of what we can now see on our website.
HotJar allows you to be more informed about the activities on your website. Anyone that wants to learn more about their users should use this tool. If you think your users are getting hung up on a particular area (i.e. the checkout process), you can use the video feature to see where they're abandoning the process.