It enables me to work remotely, just like I was in the office!
September 14, 2019

It enables me to work remotely, just like I was in the office!

Alicia Barevich, bCRE, bCEE | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Jabber

I'm the only remote employee at my organization, so the one that leverages Jabber most heavily, but it is available for all employees with a phone. Jabber enables me to make and answer calls on my work number while I'm in another state.
  • The navigation and customization of the app are great. There are a lot of settings you can personalize, and the navigation is very intuitive.
  • It provides an excellent solution for me, enabling me to call like I'm on campus, using either my computer or phone.
  • I think it has more to do with our network configuration, but I've often had "Cannot communicate with server" errors, especially on my computer.
  • Instant messaging is included which, while a cool feature, isn't one that I use at all, so I wish it could be completely disabled and turned off, since the features can sort of get in the way of basic phone functions.
  • It's enabled me to keep "normal" phone access as a remote employee of a location-based organization! That itself is invaluable!
Jabber was chosen for me because it integrates with our phone systems.
I don't know anything about Jabber support, but our internal and external support do a pretty good job of addressing any issues I have.

Do you think Cisco Jabber delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Cisco Jabber's feature set?

Did Cisco Jabber live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Cisco Jabber go as expected?

Would you buy Cisco Jabber again?

I'm not aware of any other VOIP services that are compatible with our internal phone setup, so if it's this or nothing. I'd take Jabber in a heartbeat! It's overall, really pretty good. I also suspect that most of the issues I've had with it are due to our network, not the software itself.

Cisco Jabber Feature Ratings