Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Jabber
We use it for inter and intraoffice communication. We also use it for screen sharing and presenting. We use it for conference calls. We have used it for file sharing. We use it across our entire organization. Some of the biggest problems it addresses it allowing for quick communication between staff members, in addition to providing presentation capabilities in a large conference room when a senior developer needs to present screens for demos and client approval.
- We can text between staff members quickly and easily.
- Jabber is integrated into our phone systems so we can simply click a staff member's name and click the green button and call them without even knowing their actual number.
- We use it for screen presenting and sharing. Great for showing application progress in large meetings. Developers have used it in code reviews.
- It would be nice for the conference calling feature to be easier to implement. Jabber does it, but it is rather hard to implement.
- It would be helpful if Jabber auto detected usb headsets instead of having to configure it to use external headsets.
- It would help if Jabber would not shrink our development screens smaller every time we scroll inside of our dev environments. It is actually annoying for the other guy watching the presentation.
- It has made communication between co-workers much faster and more streamlined, allowing us to stay at our desks and keep working, thus being more productive.
- It makes showing work progress possible due to screen sharing capabilities even over the internet.
- It provides conference calling so you can bring in multiple people and share screens between all participants.
I've used Jabber for about two years now. I remember using other products, but unfortunately, I don't remember what they are. I do remember most of them did not integrate with our phone systems. They did not allow screen sharing. They did not facilitate conference calls. They did not provide file sharing.
Do you think Webex App delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Webex App's feature set?
Did Webex App live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Webex App go as expected?
Would you buy Webex App again?
- I find it well suited for live chatting between colleagues.
- It is well suited for screen presenting between developers for code reviews, showing the progress of work, etc.
- It is well suited for screen presenting between Business Analyst and clients for updating the clients on work progress.
- It is well suited for presenting in conference rooms for showing clients work progress or showing power points.
- Conference calling - It provides the functionality, but it is cumbersome to implement.
- Screen presenting/sharing. It provides the functionality, but the screen shrinks in size when you scroll inside the development area.
Webex App Feature Ratings
Using Cisco Jabber
200 - There are several departments in our agency. All of use jabber for one reason or another. Our business analysts use it to communicate with clients and with us. The directors use it. The developers use it to communicate with the business analysts, database admins, bosses, etc. We use jabber for screen sharing when needed. We use it for code reviews, which goes right along with screen sharing. We use it to send single files when needed.
There are really no certain skillsets required for jabber. The people in our agency that use it have all sorts of skills. There are business analysts, directors, support specialists, developers, database administrators, etc. Jabber is simply very easy to use. If you can type, you can use jabber. You don't have to utilize advanced features to use it.
- inter office communications - chatting
- screen sharing / presenting
- file sharing
- conference calling
- dialing out to other employees as needed, since it integrates into our phone system
- In addition to screen sharing, we can swap control between users
- We can do file sharing. It is a feature we use from time to time to send configuration files
- We use the screen sharing feature for code reviews. It also helps to give control to a more experienced developer so he can type on your screen as needed.
- It would be valuable to work over the internet
- It would be helpful to be able to send several files at once
- It would be nice to be able to open a visual editing window
We really like the flexibility of jabber. With the exception of a few quirks that we have found, we see a bright future with it. We depend on it daily and will continue to do so for several years to come. As our team grows, more users will be using it and more screen sharing will be done. It it an indispensable tool that we simply could not imagine going without. It makes communicating so much easier when time is of the essence.
Cisco Jabber Support
I've never had to put in a support ticket for Jabber, but since it is a recognized vendor product, I've always been able to Google any tech questions and get quick results. Besides that, there are helpful tooltips hovering about most features in Jabber so if you are unsure of how to do something, click a tooltip window and you usually get a friendly pop up explaining how to do something.