Overall Satisfaction with Laserfiche
- VT uses Laserfiche for document management of it's record construction documents of all it's structures both on and off campus. It is also used as an ftp site to share data too large to email.
- Laserfiche is used by our University Planning and Design [UDC] department whenever an upcoming project is put out for bid, or for review during the design process. When used for the bidding process, the advertisement with the Invitation for Bid [IFB] is published using various media. Within the IFB is a link, a user name and a password with which interested bidders may use to view the bid docs [i.e., bid drawings, bid specs]. There is no longer the need to produce 35+ sets of paper drawings [blue prints] or specs, nor the expense of shipping them back and forth during the review process -- that is all done online. Because of this process, UDC has been able to meet the sustainability incentive programs [requirements] set forth by the Commonwealth of VA.
- Professors on campus have used it as an FTP site for engineering students that need access to structural data on various assignments. The professors no longer have to produce pages and pages of drawings for the students -- now all they do is email their students a link, user name and password to access the data. The students appreciate Laserfiche because they no longer have to carry around a huge, rolled up set of drawings to complete their projects -- they just log in through the web portal and have all the data needed to complete their assignments; and they can do so 24/7.
- Improve search functions.
- Provide Intro/How to PowerPoint for one-time or infrequent users when they are accessing Laserfiche through a web portal.
- More drop-down menus or tabs on the web version.
- Because of Laserfiche's using a format that is very similar to Windows Explorer, my new users are a lot less intimidated when using Laserfiche for the first time. Within a few minutes, they are able to navigate to the data needed, which is much, much faster than their trying to locate the hard copy of the same data.
- Sustainability initiatives have been exceeded because several of VT's departments have given up the paper and gone digital.
- Laserfiche tends to be the common denominator between departments when it comes to sharing data, and for keeping their data current.
providing continuity and consistancy for departmental processes
Since this product is so simple to use, several departments are using Laserfiche to manage and share their data.
Easily accessible 24/7 so am able to complete courseware whenever time allows: Commute to work; waiting for friends or family; at night while relaxing [with a delicious glass of wine!]; whenever and wherever time and circumstances permit.
Courseware is well written and presented in an easy to follow and understand format.
Do not like to use
Difficult to use
Requires technical support
Not well integrated
Slow to learn
Feel nervous using
Lots to learn
- Document Management System
- Built in retension schedules that are in compliance with state and federal requirements
- Locating desired data is quick, easy and efficient