Overall Satisfaction with LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)
I use LinkedIn Learning to keep up on current trends, training practices, and also new fields of study. I use LIL in understanding the current career fields and also relating to others in different fields. It addresses for me what hurdles people go through to be and remain top in their field and relate to theirs in that field.
- It does an excellent job in relating to their audience and transferring and relating information they give in each course.
- It always has a variety of new and relevant courses to improve your career skill set and marketability to new and possible clients and employers.
- The price and selection of obtaining vital skills sets can not be beat. It is not just celebrity experts, but highly valued and main experts in the fields they dominate explaining to you how you can get there now and not later.
- More deals that work within each matter of subject and add an add bonus to whatever LinkedIn package you purchase on premium.
- Finally, combining LinkedIn Learning/Lynda in a uniformed package so people know it is the same company, especially those that utilize their library for study.
- Expansion on other subjects or experts in certain aspects (International Languages and Religion) would be helpful. Imagine a course on Greek or Hebrew.
- A good three month bundle price for longtime LinkedIn members would not hurt.
- It has allowed me to expand my client/customer base and improve in reaching out to people and relating to them.
- It has allowed me to brush up on some things and keep up with new improvements in my many fields.
- It also has eliminated a lot of the time crunch and scheduling of getting things done when having to take a course versus the old days.
I have looked at Google's training courses along with other free online vendors/in-person course and no one comes close to LinkedIn Learning. They make it easy, fun, and retainable.
Very user friendly, easy to copy and/or download notes offline, and follow up with your instructor is easy as pie. You can even LinkedIn with your instructor and follow up with questions/concerns online and in several forums. Very cool concept and easy to use.
Easy to use and makes problems go away pretty quickly overall. Customer service on Twitter during COVID is the best I have seen and rarely do you have a hiccup.
Do you think LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)'s feature set?
Did LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) go as expected?
Would you buy LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) again?
LinkedIn Learning is best for those that are in a particular field, but lack either the current skills or new skills to impress their future client/customer/employer. I have often recommended to people in career transition or business to utilize LIL in improving their marketability along with their monetary bottom line. It is also good in mastering skill sets where an instructor can not be there or the expense is out of an individuals price range. Where LinkedIn Learning is less appropriate would be as a sales tool. Not that it can not have some skill obtained there, but it would not be beneficial in that aspect.