LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2018

Rocky Kev profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Udemy for Business is a crapshoot. The consistency is non-existent. Some courses go incredibly deep, while other courses don't go deep enough. Even when we got a few free months of access to Udemy - I still couldn't find why I would use Udemy over LinkedIn Learning.

Pluralsight is superior to LinkedIn Learning in programming/coding. They have a better library of content and more tests. What Pluralsight lacks is for non-developer skillsets. Buy Pluralsight for your devs.

Coursera is not at all an option for the business environment. It follows the college model of delivering content slowly and without reason. Its focus is more on high-level possibilities, not real-world things you want to solve.
Read Rocky Kev's full review
Sara Rogers profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I haven't evaluated any other learning platforms but I have really enjoyed my subscription to LinkedIN Learning/Lynda. It's allowed me to figure out how to do things on my own when I needed to. I love that it's there and I don't have to wait until a training or conference to learn more about a software or service because I just log into LinkedIn Learning and it's right there!
Read Sara Rogers's full review
Irina Danilova profile photo

Alternatives Considered

I preferred Lynda.com because it provided me with better choice of classes I am interested in. I also like the interface better and the overall experience, from quality of material presented to the complexity of exercises. Also, Lynda.com is integrated with LinkedIn and I feel that adding my Lynda.com achievements to my profile improves my appearance.
Read Irina Danilova's full review
Mitchell Clements profile photo

Alternatives Considered

Coursea offers more credible certifications, while Udemy offers individual courses that don't require a monthly subscription. Ultimately, all 3 platforms provide quality content and a wide range of courses. However, some may specialize in different areas than others. My ultimate decision though would come down to pricing models. If you want unlimited access to several courses, then LinkedIn Learning is a great option. However, if you're just wanting to take a single course, then Udemy or Coursera may be better.
Read Mitchell Clements's full review
Roy Zumbado Cognuchz profile photo
February 26, 2019

Brilliant learning portal

Alternatives Considered

I had only used in-house learning and development software applications and Lynda.com stacks up to them with information about new technologies and beautiful UX/UI, making the complete experience is awesome. I highly recommend it for your organization, train yourself and your employees with updated, relevant advice from industry experts.
Read Roy Zumbado Cognuchz's full review
Rocky Banks profile photo

Alternatives Considered

lynda.com chooses knowledgeable instructors, who still have personality. The curriculum is is well organized, with usable download examples. However, lynda.com has not expanded in to all IT areas.
Read Rocky Banks's full review

Alternatives Considered

Our organization has used different webinars, including ones on LinkedIn, to provide similar insight. But it's a totally different ballgame. Lynda.com offers in-depth tutorials rather than just a 2-hour video broadcast. With lynda.com there are more information and experts, as well as so many different courses fit for every need/want. There is also a lot more flexibility with lynda. You can take it on the go, watch on mobile and at anytime, rather than being tied to a certain time slot.
Ai Ashe profile photo
December 13, 2017

Review of lynda.com

Alternatives Considered

We have both lynda.com and Plural sight at my job. I like lynda.com when I am searching for a specific tool as it contains videos that hone in on teaching the attributes of a specific tool. Pluralsight's videos generally are longer and are more project based. But both sites are excellent resources. I can't really say which is better than the other.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Benjamin Brogdon profile photo

• Treehouse and YouTube
If I were the decision-maker, I don't know if I would have chosen lynda.com. In grad school, we were required to subscribe to Treehouse for a course in web development. Treehouse has the superior platform in that it includes mandatory skill checks. Instead of simply watching a video, you have to demonstrate a skill. Treehouse has a superior system of grouping content that awards badges for completing similarly grouped training modules (javascript required completion of "Programming Languages", for example, which is also an introductory course in more advanced programs. Lynda.com's library is huge, but it is difficult to see how individual programs work together with others.
Read Benjamin Brogdon's full review
Brett Jones profile photo

• YouTube
Lynda.com is sort of a glorified way to locate and manage worthwhile content, with the content itself being verified and administered. Though it comes with a premium, there are distinct advantages to Lynda.com for learning content. Convenience comes at a premium: such is life. People shop at convenience stores despite higher prices because, yes, it is convenient. Same logic applies to online learning content, especially for higher quality.
Read Brett Jones's full review
Tejashwi Kumar profile photo

• WizIQ
Lynda is better in some aspects when compared to WizIQ. For example, the recorded videos stream a lot faster and more smoothly on Lynda and content is neatly presented. Also the user interface is much more simple on Lynda. However WizIQ is amazing for live interactive classes and when it comes to security of your videos and documents, Lynda has a lot to learn from WizIQ's security.
Read Tejashwi Kumar's full review
Steve Surya profile photo

• YouTube
We have used video training's from YouTube in the past. YouTube contains almost every video file but the pain is to find these videos. Since the training videos are not organized well and are not available in the appropriate category, they are not easy to find. lynda.com organizes information and training really well and helps users with finding the videos easily.
Read Steve Surya's full review

Alternatives Considered

Lynda.com is much better than its competitors. It tops the competition in terms of content depth, breadth, and clarity. The ability for employees to take a course on Project Management and on Photography allows the company to demonstrate how we want our employees to develop both professionally and personally. We want them to be well rounded individuals and lynda.com allows us to help them get there and show our commitment to them.

About LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)

Lynda.com (now offered as part of LinkedIn Learning) is an elearning course library acquired and now supported by LinkedIn in May 2015.