Overall Satisfaction with LogMeIn Central
I use LogMeIn Central to work with remote computers when I receive a request for service. LogMeIn Central is currently used only in our department but it is extremely useful as it allows me to fix problems quickly and easily without ever leaving my office. It also provides me with stats from client computers that help me keep them in good health and also to fix problems that are happening before they're even reported by the clients.
- LogMeIn Central excels at accessing computers remotely. I can blank the remote screen for privacy which is useful when you have to access sensitive data and you don't want the person on the other end to see it.
- LogMeIn Central with remote desktop also allows you to lock the keyboard and mouse to prevent the remote user from accidentally clicking on things while I work with their computer. I use this feature a lot.
- LogMeIn Central also has this neat feature to access a files on a remote computer without ever using remote desktop. You can send large files to the remote computer or retrieve them without stopping the remote user from getting their work done.
- If there's a password set up on a client computer, when you're installing LogMeIn for accessing it remotely, it will take the user's username and password. So when you try to access it remotely, you'll have to provide those. If you want to set up your own, you'll have to remove the user's password before install. I wish this was optional during install.
- LogMeIn Central saves me a lot of time. It would be extremely difficult to commute back and forth all day just to fix minor issues so the value is defenetly there.
- Even when I'm out on the filed, I can still access client computers through my phone so I can resolve issues virtually from anywhere.
It would be really difficult to manage so many remote computers without LogMeIn Central. Before this, I would use other solutions but none that i've noticed are as well integrated or as feature packed as LogMeIn Central. On top of that, the easy of use and accessibility make LogMeIn Central a must have.
I don't recall ever experiencing issues with LogMeIn Central. It's always there! It offers a very reliable service that I don't see a lot on other services offered in the industry. LogMeIn does have planned outages for maintenance purposes but they do notify way ahead of time and also they're very short and they schedule them in the middle of the night or on weekends when is less obstructive.
TeamViewer is pretty good but I just don't see all the features that LogMeIn Central officers. I like the remote interface from LogMeIn a lot better than TeamView. I haven't used TeamView fully in a while so they may have all the features and I just don't know how to access them but that at least shoudl tell you how easy LogMeIn Central is to use. Anyway, TeamViewer doesn't have all the tools that LogMeIn offers, like reporting, file manager, and health status.
LogMeIn Central is well suited for situations in which the remote computer that you are trying to access is still connected to the internet. Most of the problems that my clients experience are solvable through remote desktop; from software installation to scheduling scans, backups, and updates. Unless the computer is completely offline, then LogMeIn Central will only notify you, at which point you can proceed with further trouble shooting.