LogMeIn Central review

LogMeIn at its best!

December 08, 2020

• Screen sharing (68)
    9.5
  • Over-the-Internet remote session (74)
    9.4
  • Remote management of servers & workstations (68)
  • File transfer (73)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Central, and make your voice heard!

LogMeIn Central

$80

per month (minimum 25 computers)

For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.logmein.com/central/pricing

Starting price (does not include set up fee)

• $80 per month

Product Demos

LogMeIn Central | Product Overview
08:31

Remote Administration

What is Central?

Central is a cloud-based remote monitoring and endpoint management solution enabling IT professionals to monitor, manage, and secure their endpoint infrastructure. Whether it is used for remote employees or endpoints scattered across the globe, the vendor promises that Central provides IT organizations with the speed, flexibility, and insight needed to increase productivity, reduce IT costs, and mitigate risk.

Central Video

LogMeIn Central | Product Overview

Central Downloadables

Central Competitors

Central Technical Details

Central starts at $80.

TeamViewer and Atera are common alternatives for Central.

Reviewers rate Screen sharing highest, with a score of 9.5.

The most common users of Central are from Small Businesses (1-50 employees) and the Information Technology & Services industry.

We typically use central to remote into agents' computers to assist them with setup during training or to have engineers assist us with issues we don't understand. Central is utilized for us to more easily work together without using screen share in a program like Zoom where we can't take control of our agent's desktop.
September 28, 2021

LogMeIn Central review

It is used throughout the organization to remotely access and control machines from various locations. It is used on PCs as well as iOS devices. LogMeIn Central is also used to check up on the status of machines and file transfer.
John Robinson | TrustRadius Reviewer
LogMeIn Central is used mostly in 2 departments. One is by myself to provide remote support and software updates to staff in satellite offices. Another department is for remote access to workstations in their office as they need direct access to a local server for what they do. LogMeIn Central allows me to carry out support functions and troubleshoot all my users' computers (about 150) and remotely access and manage all my on-premise servers while enabling me to work from home to do so.
We have used LogMeIn Central [for] 6 years. We used it across our whole corporation. Our primary goal is to support users remotely. It is a big challenge when you are supporting users who are in remote offices or working from home. We decided to look into solutions [when] we came across LogMeIn Central, [they] addressed our remote support issue.
Sabrina Cipriotto | TrustRadius Reviewer
LogMeIn Central was used in the organization by all teams (support, QPP representatives, account managers, trainers, etc.) to be able to access client's servers or work stations in order to either troubleshoot, solve issues within the system, provide training using their screen, or setting things up, in the case of QPP (Quality Payment Program) depending on the clients' needs.
LogMeIn Central is being used to remotely manage client networks, workstations, and provide remote user access to local workstations. LogMeIn Central allows me to address client computer issues during and after work hours. It has improved the level of customer satisfaction 3-fold. It is an integral part of delivering world-class support to small and medium-sized businesses where IT expertise is limited.
Lashundra Coakley | TrustRadius Reviewer
We deal with a lot of remote areas and with [LogMeIn Central] we are able to assist our employees no matter where they are located at. It is also very beneficial to our tech team as well being that they are also rote they are able to update and fix our systems as needed.
LogMeIn Central has always been an essential tool used by our organization over the last 10+ years mainly to enable remote users to connect to their office computers instead of VPN where the company computer management is much easier and safer to perform. Having remote users utilize their office computers for their daily tasks makes it easier to perform upgrades, updates, and security management on their office machines only.
It also provides a very fast, secure, and easy solution to perform remote support.
In addition, it is also very utilized to provide individual educational training while users can watch at the same time on their screen.
I use LogMeIn Central on my home computer to work remotely. I am the only staff person who is using this program. The other staff used Dropbox, but they can't access all of their information like I can with LogMeIn. This program makes it like I am sitting in front of my work computer. It enables me to access my C drive, where I store confidential information that I do not want other people to have access to.
Kimberly Hammond | TrustRadius Reviewer
It allows me to connect to users remotely very quickly and without issue. I loved LogMeIn Central but the cost has inflated of late. Installation is easy for other computers; you can send a link for the user to install it on their own computer. It is user friendly as well.
Vin Campbell | TrustRadius Reviewer
LogMeIn Central is my go to remote management tool. This lightweight tool is one of the most stable and dependable remote management tools in my arsenal. As my primary remote tool, I find the system easy and intuitive to use, very secure and a high level of support is available in the rare instances I need it.
December 08, 2020

LogMeIn at its best!

LogMeIn is being used throughout the whole company for deploying Antivirus and Windows updates. It comes in handy when I need to remote into a users computer at any given time without issue. Its a great program and would recommend to any new user.
Chris Barton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use LogMeIn Central to access our customer computers, and it worked very well and was stable for years. The pricing is good, but I was shocked this year when the price doubled on me within a few weeks of my renewal. I was pretty frustrated that no consideration was given on our budget and timing. We worked it out, but it still happened. We wanted to use the Antivirus feature, but it's not ready for us. I can't exclude server paths so I could not buy it.
We use LogMeIn Central across the whole organization, and with several of our clients. It solves multiple issues, (1) people at home accessing their internal computer at the office, (2) IT support personnel accessing people's computers to give them help when they have an issue, (3) IT support accessing servers in our data center when things go wrong, (4) anti-virus software that can be integrated with the computers, and (5) seeing what patches and updates that need to be applied to these computers.
Guthrie Chamberlain | TrustRadius Reviewer
[It's being used for] Supporting multiple clients through remote access to their computers to perform financial and technical processes. We become their virtual bookkeeping, technical support, and financial management teams for small businesses.
December 12, 2019

Works, and works well!

We use LogMeIn to remote into any PC in our environment. It works well for the ability to be on the machine at the same time as the user when they have an issue. They are able to “show” us the problem real time when we cannot be at their desk.
September 09, 2019

LogMeIn Review

I've been using LogMeIn Central for 10+ years, and it is only used by myself. It is only used for remote support to customers.
We use LogMeIn Central to manage laptop computers out in the field. We are able to assist employees troubleshooting their computers remotely or share a screen to consult on a project. Using LogMeIn Central allows all employees to connect to a server. We are able to save and share files. For other businesses, we are able to provide ad-hoc support. Overall, LogMeIn Central allows for us to work remotely more effectively.
We use it to access computers across our organization and in other organizations remotely. It enables fast, efficient access from around the world without having to go onsite. It is available from PCs and mobile devices, giving a lot of flexibility. We also use it to securely transfer files between locations.