MailChimp - Easy to Use Functionality For Prospect/Client Communicationhttps://www.trustradius.com/email-marketingMailchimpUnspecified8.316451012016-06-08T22:02:16.500Z
June 08, 2016
MailChimp - Easy to Use Functionality For Prospect/Client Communication
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MailChimp
MailChimp is being used as a marketing/sales tool for approaching/communicating with client prospects. It is used across our entire organization. Specifically, the business problem it addresses is the need for managing, analyzing and organizing communication with client prospects. Understanding and determining effectiveness of email campaigns is critical in addressing how successful marketing efforts are. MailChimp is excellent in this regard.
- Allows one to understand whether campaign emails are opened, how quickly and other useful metrics.
- Offers excellent templates that one can customize and build on to create eye catching graphics and text in emails.
- Excellent import features so that comma delimited or tab delimited CSV/Excel files can be imported with prospect data.
- Templates provided take some time to manipulate and learn how to use.
- Software integration functionality could be improved.
- Warnings about "double opt-in" rules should be clearer and emphasized more.
- Determining effectiveness of reaching target market has been improved significantly.
- Overall better organization in tracking leads.
- Employees are definitely more efficient in managing prospect/client communication.
Although ACT! may have improved in their more current versions, MailChimp really had a bunch of things we needed. The dashboard is a very strong aspect of the product and provides an excellent visual depiction for a user to review a campaign. The templates and WYSWYG technology are strong features. Our software environment has moved to the cloud, and some of the other competitors seem to be stronger in a desktop computing environment.
For a small or medium-sized organization that needs an effective marketing campaign tool, this is the ticket. They have free and paid (ie. premium) membership options depending on how many emails and how much functionality you need. Keep in mind that you may find uses for using MailChimp besides other than those of a typical for-profit business or non-profit organization. For example, if you are throwing a one time event such as a wedding, MailChimp could be an excellent and useful tool.