Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365)
We utilize Microsoft 365 across our entire organization. We use Exchange Online for email, the entire Office suite, Microsoft Teams for office communication, and SharePoint Online for collaboration. Microsoft 365 helps us stay organized and on-top of our projects and clients. It makes things very easy to have so many features within a single ecosystem.
- Exchange Online is an excellent email platform. We have only had minor issues with the platform. It is very nice to not have to worry about patching an Exchange server.
- Teams is a wonderful tool for inter-office communication. Teams is also a top-notch video conferencing/meeting tool. We are able to invite our client to Teams meetings and everything just works.
- SharePoint online is an awesome collaboration tool. It makes it very easy to share and update documents between the entire staff.
- The Microsoft Admin center tends to be slow and unresponsive at times. If I create a Distribution List via the Admin Center, sometimes it takes a couple of hours before the DL shows up and is usable.
- SharePoint Online needs a better File Explorer Sync option. We have had multiple clients inadvertently delete multiple files from SharePoint due to a malfunction in the Sync program.
- I think that SharePoint Online needs to add an option to use custom CNAME records to access resources.
- Exchange Online. We use this for all of our email and calendar needs.
- Teams: This helps us to stay collaborative while working remotely.
- SharePoint Online: This allows us to work together and collaborate on files and projects.
- Microsoft 365 is well worth the cost. Prices vary depending on the licensing model you choose. It is very nice to no longer have to worry about upkeep and patching on our old exchange server.
- Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
I think the closest offering to Microsoft 365 on the market is Google Workspace. They have a pretty robust ecosystem as well. I don't think they measure up to Office 365 though. This year alone, we have helped 16 companies migrate from Google Workspaces to Microsoft 365.
Do you think Microsoft 365 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft 365's feature set?
Did Microsoft 365 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft 365 go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft 365 again?
Microsoft 365 is a one-stop shop for all of your business needs. The ecosystem is very robust and they are constantly adding features. With SharePoint Online and OneDrive, you always have access to your files no matter where you are. The current Outlook Web app is just as robust as the Outlook Client.