Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Exchange
Used for Corporate messaging, private-label email domains for partners, custom mail handling, and responding in a hybrid cloud/on-prem landscape. Exchange solved several business problems involved around brand continuity, automated customer communications, mail routing and rule-based handling, threat recognition training, and DKIM signaturing. Our scope was all corporate users, as well as most of our portfolio of 30+ house-owned brands and partners, handling all aspects of partners' email messaging for clients.
- Operational stability of migrating on-prem to cloud
- Database resiliency and robustness
- Robust message tracking
- Reclaiming of Database 'whitespace'
- Native DKIM and SPF creation wizards (non third party)
- More robust and more granular Transport Rule programming
- Positive - No need for extended support contracts with experience Exchange staff.
- Positive - Long product useful life without needing upgrades.
- Negative - Inability to migrate custom routed email domains to EOL with complex/costly internal changes.
Do you think Microsoft Exchange delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Exchange's feature set?
Did Microsoft Exchange live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft Exchange go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Exchange again?
Microsoft Exchange is very well suited for industries with legal or regulatory messaging preservation requirements with the (historically) eDiscovery and legal holds functions. Companies needing a lot of mailboxes and resources with very few admins with limited experience with SMTP and messaging would do well to employ Exchange because of the readily available online resources and approachable interface and concepts.
Microsoft Exchange Feature Ratings
Using Microsoft Exchange
Microsoft Exchange is well suited for inexperienced Messaging Admins and veterans alike. If you have no idea of the fundamentals of modern email (SMTP, mail headers, MX Records, SPF/DKIM, Encryption, etc.) and just need to get people's mailboxes and calendars the support they need, you can use it with confidence. If you are an old pro and want to leverage and dovetail your Powershell and AD with Exchange, you will be rewarded for your efforts.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Any and all mailbox administration
- Resource permissions and visibility management
- Transport Rules
- Mail Domain setups