January 10, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Read Andrew Shannon's full review
Pros and Cons
- Calendaring between organization members, scheduling meetings with other in-house team members is super easy and allows you see their available times easily.
- Mobile device syncing, you can sync up an iPhone or android phone with your email account simply and always have your phone in sync with your desktop.
- Laptop on the go access. The latest versions of exchange, 2007 and up, allow you to sync a laptop with your exchange server and it will stay in sync with your inbox no matter where in the world you go, with activesync built into exchange. No need to reconfigure your inbox when youre inside or outside your corp network.
- Spam filtering and content rule creation. You can block unwanted emails right from the server with exchanges builtin spam filtering, or create your own rules right on the server to block unwanted non-spammers.
- Scalability - it can be difficult to scale up your server when you need more hard drive room. Virtualizing your Exchange server can help a little with this.
- Upgradeability across versions - it can be difficult to upgrade your Exchange server to the newest versions of Exchange, Mmicrosoft recommends you build a whole new server and migrate your mailboxes to the new server instead of doing an in-place upgrade of an existing server.