Easy to use archive
April 21, 2022
Easy to use archive
C-Level Executive in Information TechnologyInformation Technology & Services Company, 11-50 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving
Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving is a great solution to keep mailboxes to a manageable size without needing to delete the email. Exchange mailboxes have either a 50GB or 100GB limit depending on which plan is used. Exchange online archive allows mail to be moved out of the primary mailbox and into an archive location that is still easy to access.
- Automatic archival of mail based on criteria.
- Keep mailboxes to a manageable size.
- Avoid having to manually delete older mail or export to PST.
- The initial setup of tags and policies can take a bit of time to understand the first time you set it up.
- Better visibility within Outlook to show which archive tags are applied to which folders.
- Automatically archive or delete certain types of email.
- Keep mailboxes under size limits.
- Avoid having to delete older emails.
- Is included with exchange online plans at no extra cost, so why not use it?
- Has helped solve some specific user requirements eg auto-delete emails older than a certain age, and auto move emails from certain folders after a period of time.
Do you think Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving's feature set?
Did Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Exchange Online Archiving again?
Works well as a set and forget solution to arriving older mail. Can be used to allow users to tag individual folders which they want to archive mail from, or applied by admin to the entire mailbox. Archived mail is searchable within Outlook in a separate folder, or via Outlook online. Archived mail is not cached so requires an internet connection to access.