Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft SharePoint
Microsoft SharePoint is used by our organization for creating focus topics for communication, distributing files, contracts, financial documents, and onboarding information. It is a social venue for the teams to share company photos, make announcement,s and have contests. It is integrated well with Teams and Office, making it a good choice for our organization.
- Shares files and photos securely.
- Searches files and documents easily.
- Provides a clean and easy user interface.
- There should be a photo slideshow viewer.
- Photos in posts are smaller in size and do not zoom.
- The solution provides the service we need without requiring DevOps engineers to manage it.
- The Users are able to use the tools effectively with little training.
- Files and documents are easily searchable.
I prefer Atlassian Confluence for file sharing, wiki markups, and as a better tool for engineering documentation. Microsoft SharePoint is the tool that was chosen for my current organization, and I do miss using Confluence. Both tools get the job done and it is largely a matter of preference and what your organization can afford.
Do you think Microsoft SharePoint delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft SharePoint's feature set?
Did Microsoft SharePoint live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Microsoft SharePoint go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Microsoft SharePoint again?
Microsoft SharePoint is a good tool if you plan to integrate with the Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Office suites. The programs tie together well and sharing files within the organization is done securely and without the need to manage a file server. I would not tend to use Microsoft SharePoint on its own, as there are better choices. It works seamlessly when used together with the full suite of tools.