The Power of Team Mindmappinghttps://www.trustradius.com/diagrammingMindManagerUnspecified9.21951012019-07-11T13:29:40.296Z
July 11, 2019
The Power of Team Mindmapping
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with MindManager
Every consulting and business project involves a number of mind maps covering all manner of topics but especially good in strategy and digital transformation and large projects. It is the best problem solving, brainstorming tool I have ever found
- Strategic Planning
- Process Mapping
- Education & Training
- Enterprise Collaboration
- Knowledge Management
- Meeting Management
- Problem Solving
- Task and Project Management
- Project Planning
- If you have large complex problems or projects where people struggle to see the connectivity between initiatives, the whole picture and where their part fits into it. MindManager can provide a perspective to meet every stakeholder's needs.
- Good problem solving prevents people/teams from jumping to solutions but rather forces a tight problem definition and a generation of all of the possible solutions to that problem and then an assessment of these potential solutions to arrive at the best one to execute. MindMaps is the best way to do this.
- In design thinking you need a tool that can help with both the divergent and convergent thinking processing required by the team. MindMaps is the best tool for all the processes in a design thinking project.
- Any creative problem-solving exercise requires analytical/linear thinking and non-linear thinking - this is where MindMaps excel.
- Learning/Exploring all of the features in MindManager and the best ways of doing things with it.
- All of the templates provided/shown are a bit basic and do not demonstrate the power of the tool for that application (relying too much on knowledgeable users).
- I am actually pretty happy with MindManager that way it is - simple but with endless use case possibilities.
- Presentation options for when presenting to Corporate clients.
- Use it as a key tool in every consulting engagement and every business project especially the more complex ones
We use it for every client engagement and project. Sometimes a Mind Map is the only way to help people see a picture/project fully and all of its inter-dependencies. For creative problem solving and Design Thinking projects Mind Maps are an essential tool because it can do both divergent and convergent thinking processes so well. Most people and teams are good at the convergent, structured, analytical processes but often the real power is in the divergent, non structure more free flowing team processes which can then be rationalised with structured and more analytical processes.
I have used various mindmapping applications over the years. Your list does not seem to have most of them. Lucid Charts is better for some specific applications like database mapping, Freemind is OK, Mindmeister, Smart Draw, Storm board, SImplemind, Xmind. MindManager is the best all round MindMapping tool that I have found - I can use it for pretty much anything