The ultimate collaboration think tank tool
November 26, 2021

The ultimate collaboration think tank tool

This is the second organization I’ve worked for in which we’ve leveraged Miro in a major website redesign. Its extremely easy-to-use interface made collaboration “whiteboard” type exercises a more seamless experience in a remote environment. From sitemap to wireframes, I really enjoy this tool.
  • Collaboration
  • Intuitive UI/UX
  • Built in templates to get going quickly
  • Sometimes it’s tricky to know you have to select the correct selector arrow to move something.
  • Hands down allows us to be more collaborative in a remote environment.
  • Increases productivity, in the sense that you have a space to jot a lot down and actually organize your thoughts.
In both organizations I was not the one to implement, but always a promoter of the tool.
Smooth integration
I feel like this is the main reason I love this tool so much. As someone who has worked with many offshore teams, even before the pandemic, I can say being able to collaborate and brainstorm remotely is critical. This makes it so easy, and truthfully quite fun!

Not sure

I feel like teams try to do this in meetings you can have a live whiteboard session, which I do also utilize! It works in a pinch, but it does not even come close to the functionality I’ve found in Miro. There are just so many more options in Miro.
This is a great tool when you’re working with a third-party vendor or a remote colleague. I absolutely love using it for whiteboard/ brainstorming exercises. I feel it invites people to share and creates a really easy-to-use “think tank”. I’ve also used Miro to mock-up really quick wireframes for web campaigns, architecture type diagrams, or even just a quick org chart or sprint retrospective. Depending on how big your brainstorm is, it’s hard to print anything directly from here and have it be legible, so really more suitable for larger brainstorms, or like “sticky note” type exercises where you don’t necessarily need to print or present to leadership.