Great for working an online brainstorm, training or team session
June 03, 2022

Great for working an online brainstorm, training or team session

I used it mainly for facilitating online training and team sessions (e.g. making a team Canvas). I also have used it for making a Value Stream map or other Lean tools. It just works a lot better than Microsoft whiteboard. I do wish that it would be optional to use more boards with the free version and to download results in high resolution as well. And somehow I was not able to delete users that I have invited to my board, they still show up as users. This means that under the same log in we couldn't invite more people to new boards anymore. So I think Miro works great, but the free version is not ideal.
  • User friendly
  • Templates
  • Woring in 1 board with over 20 people
  • user friendliness of the settings for the owners of the board (like deleting people)
  • Download in higher resolution
  • somehow people seem to find the linking and unlinking of posts difficult ( I don't know why, but it seems to be an issue in the training)
  • the positive impact on the ease of hybrid working in a group/training
Make people watch the introduction video before you need them to work with the program. otherwise, you have to spend time explaining how to work with the tool. Also, make sure that they have logged in before, otherwise, you spend time helping them to get into the board and not everyone is as tech-savvy so the whole group would be waiting on 2 people who don't understand computers in general.
It's okay but it hasn't become a go-to platform for many people yet. But corona forcing us to work online did help a lot. but not everyone has their own boards so I had multiple students secretively use my boards for their process maps.
I don't use it for new projects. I only have used it for training days and team sessions. This was first almost impossible to do online because Mircosoft whiteboard was very slow with updates. Miro is easy to use and has many functionalities which make it great for online training and team sessions

Not sure

Microsoft Teams also have a whiteboard but even after their update, it isn't as easy to use and doesn't have as many features as miro. Miro has a more logical spacious feel to it and it is easier to divide the board into sections and work with larger groups.
it is very well suited for facilitating online training. I add all the participants to a board, they can just do their own thing per group in their own window, and on the same board, you do the report out. We have even pasted the slides on the board so you don't have to switch between screen sharing or Miro/PowerPoint. It is very handy that people can follow your view or cursor or that you can make people follow you. It's not that well suited for saving results as the resolution of the download of the board is quite low.