Great for creative collaboration
June 08, 2022

Great for creative collaboration

Miro is our main tool for collaboration and teamwork. We enjoy using the templates provided for brainstorming, and user journey mapping and like how we can all add comments/ work on projects and pages at the same time. Miro is easy to use, easy to sort out permissions, and it's nice to see each other's cursors and where they are viewing. Templates are detailed and there is a great range to customize.
  • Templates- great variety and perfect for brainstorming
  • Encourages live-time collaboration
  • Easy to setup account and begin working
  • MURAL has some great templates, which are more detailed and relevant to design whereas I see Miro as good generally but not design specific
  • Higher editable board limit
  • Could have more fun elements like FigJam with high five feature or stickers
Miro was easily implemented in our team, access was easy to set up and teams were also easy to get going. Miro is easily accessible via the site however I think it would be more useful to my team if there were an app for desktops to make working between apps more seamless.
Miro was easily integrated and uptaken by our team. We got accounts set up quickly and permissions were fine to sort out as well as the creation of teams. However as mentioned previously, a desktop app would make it easier to integrate into our working lives as I am often switching between apps and require other chrome tabs to be open so going between online chrome tabs is harder.
Our team is fully remote and we have been able to use this tool with a variety of stakeholders, from product managers, project managers, designers, and engineers. It has been quick to pick up and we like using templates to collaborate as well as the sticky notes. Collaboration has been made much easier, especially creative collaboration.

Miro has cool features like the addition of music whilst brainstorming, something our team has particularly liked to make ideation a bit more light-hearted. FigJam however I believe is easier to transfer our Figma designs onto for direct annotation, and the MURAL has a good range of design specific templates
Miro is well suited to team collaboration projects where we get together to brainstorm and discuss ideas, problems, and opportunities. It allows us to add to each other's ideas whilst working remotely, so is perfect for this. On the other hand, Miro is less appropriate for prototyping or specific design needs of our team, for this we use FigJam.