Miro is a remote collaboration hero.
November 11, 2022

Miro is a remote collaboration hero.

Miro is used to collaborating on brainstorming and Design Thinking Workshops. It allows open space for all types of thought collection and prioritization. Typically acts as a precursor to more formal documentation in other systems we use for project management. We also use it for more fun collaborative activities for remote team building.
  • Spontaneous thought collection.
  • Fast, drag and drop card sorting and topic organization.
  • Flow charts.
  • Continue increasing the scope of integrations
  • Some of the solutions that bleed into other systems, like agile management, seem forced.
  • My boards get huge, sometimes performance lags.
  • Enabled more seamless remote collaboration.
  • Enables better cross team collaboration.
  • Opened up more capabilities than less developed solutions like Jamboard.
We have a unique setup for billing and team management. Until recent changes to our organization setup, it was labor-intensive for admins.
Easy enough, but I've yet to find an integration that meets my needs completely. You have to have very specific setups in some of the integrations to get value out of it, and I'm not always keen to do the work to structure it.
Without Miro, we would not have been as effective in getting our Design Thinking program off the ground. It also gives us an opportunity to asynchronously collect and iterate on ideas and priorities without a ton of upfront structure. Time zones and schedules are always a challenge, so it makes working across these teams less painful.

Not sure

I haven't used MURAL in a while, but it seems to be on par with the feature set. Miro blows Jamboard out of the water though in terms of usefulness though Jamboard does have strong hardware support.
As far as remote whiteboarding solutions are concerned, this is as good as any other. Every solution has its strengths and business case, but Miro seems to be one of the more mature solutions out there. It's essential for remote collaboration and Design Thinking Workshops. Most teams in business can find a reason to use it that will add value to their current workflow.