Honest review of Miro
November 18, 2022

Honest review of Miro

Vera Liu | TrustRadius Reviewer

We use Miro often in the beginning of a project. It is used as a brainstorming platform. We really enjoy the fact that we could collaborate simultaneously on Miro. The business problems that we address using Miro are often user related. My team enjoys using Miro to map out the user journey, their touchpoint with our product, etc.
  • Simultaneous collaboration
  • Templates
  • Timer with songs
  • Reactions
  • The sharing feature -- sometimes I would only like to share a particular frame
  • Sticker packs
  • Arrows... sometimes it's difficult to get the arrows to start and end at particular places
  • Improved productivity
  • Reduced project completion time
  • Better communication using visual display
Not really sure because I didn't use so many integrations with Miro. The only one I have is with email. Miro sends me email updates of when someone edits my board -- I thought this is quite useful.
I particularly like the fact that people can collaborate remotely on Miro, regardless of space and time. Sometimes, it is also very difficult for colleagues to arrange a free time slot for meetings -- esp if you have more than 3 people trying to have a meeting together. Miro comes in very handy in this situation -- I would add notes on Miro so we could have the meeting/action items done asynchronously.

Not sure

I think I use Miro and Figma for different scenarios. The benefit of Figma is that designers create their prototypes on Figma, so one can easily drag the prototype from Figma to Figjam. This is not a possibility on Miro. On the other hand, Miro has very good templates for doing brainstorming and idea mapping.
Miro works very well for brainstorming, user journey mapping, strategy mapping, etc. Most strategic idea mapping works quite well on Miro.

What doesn't work particularly well is using Miro for user interview. While Miro has templates for doing wireframing, but it's rather rigid and difficult for users to picture what's going on.