Overall Satisfaction with monday.com
- We have been able to be much more effective when managing projects. We have had feedback from numerous clients that we have risen above other firms in the quality of projects and timeliness of deliverables.
- The ease of scheduling and manipulating schedules has allowed our workload to be much more manageable and has helped avoid late nights and weekends much more than before.
- Our team's effectiveness has brought about great interest from other teams within the company who have been struggling with juggling numerous projects.
My team and I utilize monday.com to schedule and manage all of our projects and the individual task associated with those projects. At present, it is only being used by our team because it is the largest (5 people), but our goal is to implement it company-wide or at least department-wide. Other teams in our department are not as large, usually consisting of one project manager and one or two designers/engineers under them, and they don't have to balance as many projects and tasks as our team does. The biggest business problems monday.com addresses are handling scheduling and managing deadlines and deliverables. Prior to implementing monday.com, our team struggled with various items "falling through the cracks" because someone didn't write it down or it got lost in an email inbox or it just didn't get communicated to the appropriate team member. monday.com creates a level of organization, communication, and accountability not traditionally seen in the civil engineering world.
- Assigning tasks to team members creates strong accountability for both younger inexperienced employees and older less organized employees.
- Incorporating different views of schedules in the form of timelines, calendars, gantt charts, and the main board allow for clarity in communicating schedules to team members who need more than just dates in front of them to understand deadlines.
- The "My Week" tab gives a clear bite-sized to-do list of the tasks and deadlines for each team member to reference and check off rather than forcing them to go down the massive list of projects and tasks on the main board.
- Because we have so many projects, we make each project it's own "group." When scrolling down the main board, I often have to jump back to the top, but it takes a while sometimes. A "Back to Top" button or something similar would help with that.
- When in the Timeline view, all of the individual tasks for each person are displayed and color-coded, which is great. Unfortunately, we have so many projects/groups that the color-coding system gets duplicated, and we can't remember which task is for which project without clicking on it. A way to hover over the task and have the project/group name display would help with that.
- Accessing an archived item or group is not entirely intuitive with the current interface.
From day 1, monday.com has been incredibly user-friendly and has allowed me to customize as much or as little as I want, depending on our needs. Over the last few years, monday.com has incorporated so many new abilities and features that I haven't had the time to fully explore its potential. However, at this point, I'm of the thought that, if I think monday.com needs to be able to do something, it probably can; I just need to learn how to do it.
I have only had to work with customer support a couple of times since enrolling, and I've had near immediate and helpful responses both through email and over the phone. This has ranged from basic account and seat questions to actually working with the monday.com interface and functionality.
monday.com has been very reliable in handling updates to previously created items, groups, tasks, projects, etc. There have only been a handful of instances where there has been an issue with making an update or an update not "saving," but the issue is usually remedied with a simple refresh of the webpage or waiting a few minutes and trying again.
Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?
Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?
Would you buy monday.com again?
monday.com has been life-changing for our team in terms of organizing, project management, and scheduling. If you have any kind of workload where keeping track of projects can be handled with a simple notepad and Outlook calendar and where you don't have more than one person on your team, that would be the only scenario I can think of where monday.com would not be the most appropriate.