Overall Satisfaction with monday.com
- We chose to use monday.com rather than manufacturing tracking software that was quoted at $30,000.
- Our installers are saving over an hour a day on travel time thanks to the mapping feature we use for scheduling.
- We should have our whole company on the system within 1 year, which never seemed possible when we decided to try monday.com.
We use monday.com across multiple departments in our company. We have many different workflows, most of which overlap one another. monday.com has allowed us to manage our process, without any projects or project follow ups falling through the cracks.
- Tracking workflow stages.
- Automated notifications.
- Creating actionable items.
- Keeping project related correspondence in one place.
- Linking between boards sometimes causes issues.
- Ability to move sub items between parent items.
- Interface is difficult for some of our employees.
I think it is great and many members of our team find it intuitive and pick it up immediately. However, some team members have trouble picking it up and become overwhelmed by the information, but I think that is more a result of our complicated workflows than the actual user interface.
A few of the users, including myself, have reached out for support and we are yet to leave disappointed. They are always quick to respond and very helpful.
Overall it has been a great addition for us. I cannot imagine how we could get along without it now that we have integrated it into our business. That reliance is my only concern, because we have experienced one major outage and some of our departments were at a standstill without it.
Do you think monday.com delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with monday.com's feature set?
Did monday.com live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of monday.com go as expected?
Would you buy monday.com again?
We are in the exact situation where monday.com is essential. We are not big enough to invest in manufacturing software, but we are still able to track all of our orders and the projects they correspond to by using monday.com. I do think we will outgrow monday.com only due to the volume of data we must enter manually to get it rolling through the system. I hope that is something we can remedy with integrations, rather than springing for manufacturing software.