Monetate Review from Director of E-Commerce
September 11, 2015
Monetate Review from Director of E-Commerce
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Monetate
Monetate is being used by the e-commerce teams for two sites which I manage. It enables us to improve conversion and average order value by testing creative and promotional messaging, target messaging to consumers based on behavior and demographic segment, and cross-sell merchandise. Monetate also enables the teams to make quick changes to the site and avoid the time consuming ordeal of submitting tickets to developers and waiting for response and resolution.
- The UI is intuitive. With very little training team members start using the tools.
- It is versatile - a testing, targeting, a second CMS, and recommendation engine which can be used virtually anywhere on the site.
- It is light. Integration is fast and does not slow down site speed. We even use Monetate to test certain 3P functionality, integrating through Monetate and testing the application to validate impact on site KPI rather than just integrating the 3P directly into the platform.
- Client Services team very proactive in helping our team identify opportunities and get quick results. Also very responsive when we need to use Monetate to quickly address issues affecting the business.
- Continuous improvement in predictive analytics.
- Higher conversion rates on desktop and mobile sites since implementation.
- Faster implementation of changes to the site..reducing the burn of developer hours.
- Higher average order values.
A tool such as Monetate can impact the businesses most if it is able to leverage multiple sources of first and third party data. I would discuss in the evaluation process the best ways for integrating and leveraging those data sources in a way that is scalable. If your team does not yet have a culture of testing, it is worth discussing what organization is required to leverage the tool.
4 - We use an external company to provide platform support. A developer who understands tag management is required. Beyond the technical support, the team of business users is all that is required. They must have a business curiosity and interest in improving UX to ask questions which could be the basis for tests.
- Targeting marketing and merchandising content and promotional messaging based on behavior and demo
- Addressing issues that would normally require IT/solution support engineers
- Increase average order values via product recommendations
- Instead of integrating certain third party technology directly into the platform, we wanted to run A/B tests to see what kind of impact it would have on site KPI. So we integrated the technology via Monetate. That gave us the ability to test different placements for the third party CTAs and optimize the UX and conversion.
- I am consistently surprised how the team turns to Monetate as quasi CMS.
- We have only scratched the surface of using first and third party data for targeting. We have not yet integrated our CRM data or, loyalty data or customer LTV into the site, or data from social platforms. And we do not yet have a DMP. All of these will help increase the impact of Monetate on the business.
Evaluating Monetate and Competitors
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
My biggest concern was the the product would sit on the shelf and go unused. So the UI got a lot of attention in the evaluation. Moreover, since we have a small organization, we discussed the processes that would be needed to make sure the users would be set up for success and were not intimidated by the technology.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - Do not underestimate the time it takes to get people comfortable with a culture of testing. Not just users but also senior management. Develop a process for getting the stakeholders on board and communicate the results of tests and campaigns often.
Very responsive and proactive support team. There never seems to be a bandwidth issue on their end to address our questions or issues.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Our team is small, so the users cannot dedicate themselves as much to testing and targeting or setting up more complex campaigns. Therefore, we need to rely more heavily on Monetate's support.
The fact that the multiple members of team uses it almost daily and has dozens of campaigns going says it all.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Testing: the who, what when, why UI is very intuitive.
- Creating campaigns as CMS overrides is almost too easy.