Overall Satisfaction with MS SharePoint
Microsoft SharePoint is used throughout the company. All sectors have their own workspaces where they share documents, programs, files, etc., and also spaces where information is shared with other sectors, for which various access, reading or writing permits are applied based on each need. Each user also decides if they want to have the information synchronized on their device with a copy of the information or only have access to it in the cloud.
- One of the key points of this cloud content platform is the security and granularity that can be given by user and by folder or file.
- It handles file versioning very well, this allows you to easily return to an earlier version of the document and recover information that may have been lost.
- The possibility of synchronizing information or just having access in the cloud is essential to not occupy local space on each device.
- The searches within the web are not very friendly, definitely, this is a point of improvement.
- If you decide to synchronize the files on the device, this slows it down and generates high internet consumption.
- It would be ideal to be able to incorporate encryption handling each company the keys.
- Having access to important business documentation, programs, and files at any time and from any place streamlines the business in every aspect.
- It is very important not only to share a document but also to have control over it. And so prevent someone who should not, access sensitive information or modifies information that should not.
- The handling of file versioning is also very important, since before an error when deleting information that was not due, can be recovered and thus not lose intellectual property of the company.
Box has functioned very similar to Microsoft Share Point, however, the integration that SharePoint has with the rest of the cloud and on-premise applications that the company has, makes the solution more robust and allows us to make more developments based on the flow of necessary information for the business.
Microsoft Share Point is very useful as an enterprise content platform. It allows you to store all types of files and share them with whoever you want, giving them the corresponding permission. For the management of projects, it is essential to have such a platform, to be able to document everything that happens in the life cycle of the same and that the entire team has access to this.