Muck Rack is the team I needed.
June 17, 2022
Muck Rack is the team I needed.
Founder/Director of Marketing & Public Relations
The D2 GroupPublic Relations & Communications, 1-10 employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Muck Rack
I use Muck Rack to support our public relations efforts for our clients. Whether pitching, media list development, or overall research, reporting, and recommendations, Muck Rack is my go-to for all of those strategic public relations decisions. I also use it to build relationships with and stay connected with members of the media. I find it easy to use and reliable.
- I love the media tracking and reporting to showcase the ROI for my clients.
- I like the functionality of the pitching service. It keeps my pitches consistent with formatting and provides great feedback on best practices, etc.
- I like how easy it is to search and find reports, whether by name or outlet, it has been super helpful for me.
- The look and feel of the report would be updated a bit. I like the categories, but visually making it more appealing would be nice.
- I would say improving tracking coverage. There are times when articles aren't captured based on my keywords, etc. that I have to load manually.
- The ability to upload media lists to be able to clean, vet, and update. I can do some manually one entry at a time, but not in bulk. At least not from what I've seen
- Media List development
- Pitch/press release distribution
- Tracking and reporting
- Muck Rack has really helped to capture the impact of public relations with clients who don't always understand the impact of media, so I've been able to increase my budgets by 15 - 25% since using Muck Rack accordingly to support those efforts.
- I've been able to hire more team members as a result of those increased PR budgets Muck Rack helped to drive.
- I've been able to allocate continued education with access to Muck Rack's academy, insight reports, etc. to stay ahead of the curve with PR best practices and industry evolvement, so that pours back into the ROI because my team and I are able to stay ahead of the latest and greatest skills and thought leadership.
I previously used Cision PRWeb. It was a good service, but for what I needed it wasn't as affordable and I also found the backend system difficult to navigate and manage. I loved the ease of use and the ability to find out what I needed almost immediately once I logged into Muck Rack. Because I have to think so much already, having a platform that takes the weight off having to do a lot of extra research and ask questions to just use the system effectively and efficiently is a gift.
Do you think Muck Rack delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Muck Rack's feature set?
Did Muck Rack live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Muck Rack go as expected?
Would you buy Muck Rack again?
Muck Rack has been well suited for me when reporting and providing value add and ROI reporting to clients who are investing in publications. Not only has it been great creating media lists, drafting, sending out, and tracking pitches, but the ability to track coverage and export a report that showcases the reach, impact, and media value has been so beneficial for me. So, if you are working with clients in an external communications capacity, then the Muck Rack tools are very flexible and can fit your needs very well.