NeonCRM for nonprofits
March 04, 2020
NeonCRM for nonprofits
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with NeonCRM
Multiple departments in our nonprofit use NeonCRM primarily, we use this resource for tracking and taking in donations and for event registrations, as well as tracking memberships. We also pull reports using NeonCRM.
- NeonCRM allows you to build events, take registrations, and customize those events. Customizations include different ticketing options, add-ons, promotions, etc.
- NeonCRM does a good job helping you track donors' activities/engagements.
- It also provides a variety of reporting mechanisms - from dashboard snapshots to graphical reports - that allow you to review programs at a glance or in-depth.
- Right now, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign reports and events to a staff person. In other words, if you want to receive emailed notifications when donations, payments, or event registrations come through, you have to receive ALL of them, not just those for particular events, etc.
- There is no intuitive way to take a deposit from a customer.
- NeonCRM doesn't allow you to create and bill with an invoice.
- NeonCRM helped our organization during a growth phase to get organized and get almost all of the data into one place.
- Because the tool doesn't have a simple way to invoice clients, some of the ways we are taking payments from them create a lot more work to reorganize each month.
I liked Classy better. But Classy wasn't trying to be all things for a nonprofit the way that NeonCRM is. NeonCRM is a nonprofit one-stop shop, though our nonprofit is primarily using it for donations and event management. At a previous nonprofit I worked at, Classy was what we used for event management and donations, and it was a sleeker interface, both from the internal and external facing point-of-views.
Honestly, I've not used support for NeonCRM except to read through help topics. Those have been decently helpful. But I can't speak to what other forms of support NeonCRM may offer.
Do you think NeonCRM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with NeonCRM's feature set?
Did NeonCRM live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of NeonCRM go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy NeonCRM again?
NeonCRM is a useful non-profit tool, but it's not one that we use for all of our needs, even though it advertises itself as an all-in-one. For instance, we don't use NeonCRM for volunteer management because it doesn't offer enough of the robust features that allow for complex scheduling and tracking for a healthy volunteer program. It does seem to be an efficient tool for event registration and donor relations, especially because each of those categories often flow into one another.