Workflows gave me my day back!
Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint
Overall Satisfaction with Nintex Process Platform
- Easy to pick up, very intuitive
- Scalable for small tasks or large
- Transparent operation if troubleshooting is needed
- If a workflow doesn't work, maybe a button to send the entire workflow to customer service of some sort to debug
- More gui to enhance the drag and drop functionality
- Options to automate purging history of workflows
- Less repetitive tasks for me means I have more time to do what's important
- Being able to track the workflows allows me to verify that people received E mails, even if I don't remember sending them
- Opens up many more opportunities to make my team more efficient
My current usage of the Nintex Process Platform is integrated into a Sharepoint system that my company uses to build team resources and homepage. In a call-center environment, we often have lists of questions to ask in a diverging branch design, where the answer to the previous question dictates which question to ask next. Nintex allow me to create forms that alter their questions in real time, shifting the questions yet to fill out based on the answers to answers already submitted. This real time flexibility allows for more targeted responses without bombarding people with white noise of questions that are not relevant to their individual inquiries and needs.
Another situation the Nintex Process Platform is used is in employee training tracking. We have a list of all our employees, and due to staggered hiring dates, often they are at different stages of training. Nintex allows us to build processes to track their progress and alert us of upcoming milestones, so that we can update their system access accordingly.
Nintex workflows are best suited for large companies with repetitive tasks. With large groups that often find their members in different physical or geographic areas, there is opportunity for group think. Tasks that are repetitive and time-intensive are often overlooked as each person thinks it's the other person's responsibility to complete said task, resulting in the task not being completed. Additionally, compartmentalization in tasks with large companies leads to subject matter experts (SME) hording their specific knowledge. When they leave, they often take that knowledge with them, setting back workflow processes and requiring "re-invention of the wheel". Since the Nintex Process Platform allows tasks to not only be automated and repeating but assign more than one employee as the owner, it eliminates those hurdles.
Regarding scenarios less suited for this platform, smaller companies where each task is highly different from the last. On any scale, automation is helpful; however with small businesses where there is a high degree of personalization and uniqueness to each transaction, automation might be more trouble than it's worth.
Nintex Process Platform Feature Ratings
Using Nintex Process Platform
- Automating repetitive tasks
- Running reoccurring reports based on certain data thresholds
- Compressing complicated, multi-step processes into a single button click
- Checking the current date daily, and when the current date matches the date representing 3 months after initial hire, automatically emailing workforce management to alert them that the 90 day training period had completed
- Being able to manage PTO requests, informing leaders of PTO requests and automatically approving or rejecting time off if the system finds too many other employees are already off that day
- Similar to the above issue but regarding training, being able to manage agent schedules and call center volume needs while planning for offline training sessions.
Evaluating Nintex Process Platform and Competitors
Nintex Process Platform Implementation
Nintex Process Platform Training
Configuring Nintex Process Platform
Nintex Process Platform Support
Using Nintex Process Platform
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Requires technical support
Lots to learn
- Setting up automatic emails based on certain inputs
- Starting a new process from scratch, or editing current processes
Nintex Process Platform Reliability
Integrating Nintex Process Platform