Nintex, simplify your workflowshttps://www.trustradius.com/business-process-management-bpmNintex PlatformUnspecified8.21661012018-10-19T16:10:02.587Z
October 19, 2018
Nintex, simplify your workflows
Score 8 out of 101
Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint
Overall Satisfaction with Nintex Platform
We use Nintex Forms and Workflows to build custom solutions for customers to automate businesses process. The Nintex products that we use have been of great use in taking previously fully custom coded solutions and turning them into Nintex workflows. This has decreased the amount of maintenance time needed to support the customer, and has allowed us to increase time building new solutions.
- Easy to learn the application.
- For complicated workflows it is much easier to add notes and understand what it is doing with the graphical interface vs. SharePoint Designer.
- The Forms application is very flexible and can handle almost any type of customization.
- Nintex documentation is almost non existent. It was difficult to find and not very helpful once found. The forums are helpful but that shouldn't be the first stop for how to use the product.
- Support for installation was also lacking. We installed it fairly easily following the instructions provided from Nintex, but started having problems with complex workflows timing out right away. The solution was explained by a Nintex Partner that came into our office and helped re-configure Nintex and our databases that Nintex used.
- The biggest benefit is that we have increased productivity on our dev team. More products out the door.
- Once deployed it is very easy to maintain.
- Once configured correctly it is easy to maintain
We use Nintex on a SharePoint 2013 on prem Farm. I don't have very much experience with managing the infrastructure, day to day, so I don't have anything to add to this section of the review.
After a brief train up our supported departments' knowledge managers use Nintex to build their own solutions that used to be sent to the dev team. It is a very easy to teach/learn the user interface, which makes it much easier to explain to users than the traditional SharePoint workflows.
Almost any CRUD application can be done with a Nintex workflow. The caveat is, this is only as long as you stay in SharePoint; we have had less luck for connecting to other databases to bring information in. The Forms product is very robust as well. It has successfully filled the gap for an easily customizable form for data entry.