A tool to automate everything
Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint
Overall Satisfaction with Nintex Workflow
We are currently using Nintex Workflow for unstructured processes as well as a few more structured processed across the whole company. We have implemented solutions that will be used by any user, i.e. Company gift and business declaration system, to training requests. We also have solutions in Supply Chain, HR, Engineering, Mining, IT all the way up to our Company Secretary.
We also use Nintex to integrate or get data from SAP ERP, our time and attendance system, SQL, Project Server and even Active Directory. We use this information to run certain processes. Recently we even used Nintex to connect to the internet to a messaging server for tracking and sending messages. We don't use Nintex for functionality that exists in a formal ERP. We have the ability to apply the Nintex tool to any department and almost any area.
- Approvals. Assign flexi-tasks and State Machines are brilliant actions that allow for and controlling of any approval set up.
- Speed of development - Because or the drag and drop and quick configuration, it is possible to setup JAD sessions and build the solution with the users around the table.
- Integration capability - The Execute SQL, Call Web Service and LDAP query actions allow for integration into almost any system. We connected to an IOT database with the EXECUTE SQL action and configured it to ODBC capability. With the web service we connect to our SAP environment, etc.
- Tracking of workflows - it has nice built-in functionality to help you track the workflow.
- Document integration features exist but it is a bit of work to get the doc template ready and update the document through a workflow
- Debugging a workflow. This is not a problem if the workflow is 5 - 50 actions big but as workflows get bigger and bigger it becomes more difficult to debug through a whole cycle.
- More standard connectors will help to improve speed of development but not such a big concern.
- Nintex has an ROI report that analysis all workflows in your environment and time spent on developing the workflows . We have paid off our investment in the first 12 months according to this report.
- Once you have implemented it, you should probably have more than one person or have plans in place to get more people because the requests will start streaming in.