- The product makes A/B Testing easy.
- The technical support staff is very quick to respond and very helpful.
- Most things require no knowledge of html, java or CSS.
- There are discrepancies between the Optimizely visitor count and Google Analytics. I have been unable to resolve why these differences occur. The differences are small except with regards to mobile traffic.
- I am not convinced the mobile tracking works as intended. Differences with Google Analytics are fairly large.
- The product has allowed us to quantify $500k in revenue gains and saves (not implementing poor test outcomes). This number is soft, and will certainly decrease as gains become harder to realize.
Switching costs would be high, but the platform does what we require of it.
Evaluation and Selection
I am not very familiar with the implementation process. I did help set this up on sites after we had been using the service. I had no html background, but it was not difficult to implement using CMS.
- Implemented in-house
I was not a part of this, but I know we implemented it by simply adding a script to each of our webpages. We even supplement the tests with in-house conversion data through a nightly feed. I'm not sure how difficult this part of the implementation was.