Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely
We use Optimizely to make simple A/B-tests on landing pages, product pages etc.
- Great ease of use, also for users with little or no programming skills.
- So far, it has been possible to run most of the tests we've needed even though we could not forsee what the future would bring when we first decided to go with Optimizely rather than the alternatives.
- Fast and competent email support, ok knowledge base.
- Segmented results are only available in the most expensive plan.
- WYSIWYG editor is not suitable to build completely new pages.
- Copy-Paste function missing in editor.
- Only one custom variable available for revenue, lead values etc.
- Many minor improvements that had great impact. Sometimes the tests we've made showed that adding / removing even the smallest pieces of content made differences worth millions.
- The ability to argue against HIPPO's (highest paid persons oppinion) with qualified, accurate and indesputable data is always worth a lot.
- The ROI depends heavily on how much you use it and on your site, but to us, it has paid back manyfold.
- Visual Website Optimizer,Adobe Test and Target
Ease of use was important to us to ensure a quick adaption throughout the organization. The interface of VWO was a very busy and somewhat harder to grasp.
Do you mostly run tests on pages that does not rely heavily on dynamic content? Go with Optimizely! Is one custom variable enough to capture the value of your conversions? Go with Optimizely!